• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

My dog has a cat urine smell. Any ideas?

Not for nothing, but I would have just went inside and told them to call me, or popped my head in the doorway. I just brought my boy in for a simple 1yr exam. I expressed concern for a retained puppy tooth. Before they brought Jasper back to my car I had a detailed conversation over the phone with the vet that checked him. I don’t particularly like my vet, but they handled it well.

If you went in for a concern, you deserve some sort of summary of the workup they did and their suggestions.

40 bucks?? SMH
So they only changed the bandages for ears?!?:mad:
So they did not look into the other issues you were concerned with and asked them to check. I call total BS. They did not even address the issues you were concerned about. Damn this pisses me off. Did they do the ear cropping? If so the retaping of ears should have been included in the crop and if not then cost should only be $20 to $25. max!

So they did not look into the other issues you were concerned with and asked them to check. I call total BS. They did not even address the issues you were concerned about. Damn this pisses me off. Did they do the ear cropping? If so the retaping of ears should have been included in the crop and if not then cost should only be $20 to $25. max!
I didn’t get his ears cropped there, I had to drive all the way down to Fowler to have it done. I called every vet in the area and surrounding areas. I found one near the boarder of Wyoming, but they wanted damn near 1,200. No vet will do it near because of the stigma. The Fowler vet charged me around 800 for his ears, tail, anesthesia, microchip, etc. I would’ve went back to Fowler, but that is damn near 350 miles away. The vet who did the crop and the dock was not that great either. So I decided I would have done the wrap myself because they showed me how to do it, but I didn't want to mess it up. Hence, why I found this vet to wrap them. I'm kicking myself in the ass.

Yeah, it was horse shit. I called when I got him back and no answer.

Too bad you got nowhere on the funky smell. But on the other topic, you'll find just about everyone here will encourage you to post the ears yourself. It might be frustrating at first if you've never done it, but you'll be glad you learned to do it yourself. Lots of videos and instructionals are pinned in the Puppy section. And we'll all help if you bumble it up the first time or two and post specific questions about it. Your little guy is cute - keep us posted on the progress!

Well, he doesn’t smell like cat pee any longer. I think it was his food so I switched it and he no longer reeks of that terrible smell. All is good with him. Sorry that we have been M.I.A. we have had a few hiccups with this whole coronavirus thing going on. Still actively looking for a better vet. The only problem is that the vets are doing the same thing that the last did with the waiting in the car because of the virus. Can’t wait until this all over.

Well, he doesn’t smell like cat pee any longer. I think it was his food so I switched it and he no longer reeks of that terrible smell.
Well that certainly was an interesting experience! I don't think I've ever heard of a food making your dog smell like cat pee! I'm glad you solved it. He's a cutie pie!

The only problem is that the vets are doing the same thing that the last did with the waiting in the car because of the virus. Can’t wait until this all over.
They are all doing this. Mine finally switched over to this. I was very surprised when they were saying clients can come in but only one at a time and straight into a room. They didn't want anybody waiting in the lobby. But now they make you wait in the car and they take your dog in. Just like everybody else seems to be doing. The coronavirus has changed all our lives. :down: :thumbdown: :hissyfit:

Back