• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

my 2 years old dobbie is not eating

lovedobe

Hello dear all,

Hope you all have a lovely day today.
I have a quick question my Doberman has never been a good eater but recently she is barley eating her food! I am adding some cottage cheese and raw egg to her bowl which she used to like a lot before doesn't help these days. I changed her kibble to salmon and rice that was the worst idea ever, so had to change her food back again.
Have you guys had any similar situation? I did full panel thyroid test and checked her liver all seems to be fine (2 months ago )she is playful and likes treats we are cutting her treats during the day so that she would starve and eat her food but that didn't help either.
Any idea what steps i should be taking? She noticeable lost some weight too I am very concerned please advice... God bless you all

Panama

Hot Topics Subscriber
Unfortunately, if she hasn't been eating and has lost noticeable weight, I would recommend a vet visit.

lovedobe

Unfortunately, if she hasn't been eating and has lost noticeable weight, I would recommend a vet visit.
I will take her to the vet this week, it happened before a long time ago vet told me she must be tired of her food and wants smth else and by not eating they know, they get smth extra such as eggs cheese, cottage cheese, cooked chicken.... Before when she didnt eat i used to add some other foods in her bowl to get her attention, i stopped doing it coz she wanted new food every week. This could be smth similar as well but she has lost some weight for sure

strykerdobe

Hot Topics Subscriber
Since they did liver enzymes, they did a Full Blood Panel and Blood Chemistry?
Is she drinking water? How are her poops?

Try getting some caned sardines (in water) drain and mix them in her food. They might smell better than the salmon kibble.

Also look for Answers Raw Goats Milk. It's usually at smaller pet food stores. Or here is a link to search one out.

Also look for Primal Bone Broth (they have different proteins) also at the smaller pet food stores. They also make Bone Broth.

Both the Raw Goats Milk and Bone Broth have lots of nutrition in them.

Keep us posted.

lovedobe

Since they did liver enzymes, they did a Full Blood Panel and Blood Chemistry?
Is she drinking water? How are her poops?

Try getting some caned sardines (in water) drain and mix them in her food. They might smell better than the salmon kibble.

Also look for Answers Raw Goats Milk. It's usually at smaller pet food stores. Or here is a link to search one out.

Also look for Primal Bone Broth (they have different proteins) also at the smaller pet food stores. They also make Bone Broth.

Both the Raw Goats Milk and Bone Broth have lots of nutrition in them.

Keep us posted.
her bloodwork is good and she is drinking water, playing a lot and she just doesnt wanna her food, I will check out those links and keep u guys updated

strykerdobe

Hot Topics Subscriber
I will take her to the vet this week, it happened before a long time ago vet told me she must be tired of her food and wants smth else and by not eating they know, they get smth extra such as eggs cheese, cottage cheese, cooked chicken.... Before when she didnt eat i used to add some other foods in her bowl to get her attention, i stopped doing it coz she wanted new food every week. This could be smth similar as well but she has lost some weight for sure

What brand of Kibble Salmon and Rice were you feeding?

Are her poops ok?

Also Primal Pronto has these Toppers to mix in her food. She if these entice her to eat.

lovedobe

What brand of Kibble Salmon and Rice were you feeding?

Are her poops ok?

Also Primal Pronto has these Toppers to mix in her food. She if these entice her to eat.
She is on Purina pro plan beef and rice!

Just wanted to thank u all and update that she is doing good. Eating her food had to add some cooked beef 🥩
Thank you for advice and recommendations 👍🏻