Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

My 15 week old Doberman and My 2 and 4 year old kids are starting to get along!

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by raym0016, Aug 1, 2019.

1. raym0016

raym0016 New Member

It was rough in the beginning. Both kids would run from him and he would think they were toys and found it really hard to resist biting their feet and hands when they were running. I know it was play but those teeth are sharp and it is scary to the kids. Well, fast forward 7 weeks and Ramsey has gotten a little better at NOT using his mouth on the kids and the kids have gotten better and understanding that he is playing and not trying to hurt them if he does (and he does some times, he forgets himself and gets a little excited). I am really happy that these types of interactions are becoming more and more common.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Super cute, good thing he is so calm and not triggered by screaming :rofl:
    Looks like a perfect fit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. raym0016

raym0016 New Member

Oh, he is (As am I) but he is doing a really good job of keeping it under control. I am more concerned with what the kids do to potentially trigger rough play than I am about him to be honest. We are all a work in progress :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Omg, that little play house was holding two kids and a Doberman? :spit: The screams from the little one still inside :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Your children will become his best friends and he will make you proud the way he will watches over them. You will see it as he gets older, he will do different things with them that he does not do with you.

Good for you.....just make sure all the stuff is picked up and out of his reach or you are gambling with the potential of an abdominal obstruction. You do not want anything to do with that!

• Like Like x 2
  6. raym0016

raym0016 New Member

It’s a constant battle with him putting things in his mouth, but not too much inside as outside. He likes to chew sticks, grass, mushrooms, etc. I get most of it but the little stick pieces (very small) that I can’t get out. Inside, it’s not as bad, thankfully.

7. My Gal Gretel

My Gal Gretel Hot Topics Subscriber

That video is priceless. It's like a clown car!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lizbeli

Lizbeli Hot Topics Subscriber

This is awesome. Seeing a toddler and little dobie pup loving each others company!