1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Muzzles ...

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by Regalis, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Regalis

Regalis Member

Anyone have practical experience here? Seems Baskervilles are most recommended. But sizing has me a bit confused. Kaizer would be in between a 5 and 6. So do I order the larger? Or is there a better option/type?

2. WiglWerm

WiglWerm Hot Topics Subscriber

Is this to discourage eating the birdie during badminton? :groan:

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Regalis

Regalis Member

Haha, no! But he's taken to scavenging on walks and a few times now he's been so quick he's managed to gulp stuff down before I can retrieve it. Plus, I want him to get used to it for future vet visits as he's still pretty meh with strangers, especially ones man handling him.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ $ Forum Donor $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Maybe @AresMyDobie? She has one for Ares when he's in the pool.
    I've never used one, myself. But I would agree, I'm sure it'll help with the scavenging.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Regalis

Regalis Member

That's who I was thinking of! I knew someone else used one but couldn't remember who.

6. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

This is the one to get
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
  7. Regalis

Regalis Member

I debated it :) but I already get enough shitty comments about him. I dunno if it's his size or what but I've never had so many people fear one of my dogs, even when he's behaving perfectly. And since he is still occasionally reactive, I just think that would end baddly lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cali_K

Cali_K Jr Member

Yeah Kayla's quick too and has beat me to it twice, both times at the park. She's always hungry!

9. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie $ Forum Donor $ Hot Topics Subscriber

:) lol yes my boys a huge dork and needs one for the pool lol I think he's a size 5 if I remember correctly. I just got the one you can buy from petsmart or petco since he literally only wears it in the pool :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ $ Forum Donor $ Hot Topics Subscriber

IMG_4510.JPG We got this for Bogie because he was eating river rock. Didn't work because he could put it on the rock and push it through the grill and grab the rock with his tongue. :eek:
    But it would probably work for your needs.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ $ Forum Donor $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh Bogie! You are too smart for your own good :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Regalis

Regalis Member

The biggest one they carry is too small for him :(

Omg! Haha. Kaizer has been eating rocks, too! I believe the plastic ones have less spacing between the bars, though. Even if it just slows him down! He got about 3 rocks out at the range before I had a prayer of retrieving them from his mouth or yanking him away from them. Weirdo dog. He's never been bad about ingesting weird stuff before so I dunno wtf his deal is now. And he doesn't do it at home?!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Notable member

I think they can sense when we are upset and they try to serve as a distraction. Even if the distraction adds to the grief.