Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Mr. Lumpy Bump

Discussion in 'Senior Dobermans' started by Ingrid H, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

My vet has no concerns at all about Hans' fatty tumors, they don't look that bad, and they certainly don't hinder his movement. The tumors are on both flanks almost looking like extra ribs. Here he is looking out the door for deer: IMG_0241 - Edited.jpg IMG_0240 - Edited.jpg

• Appreciation Appreciation x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Aww love Hans. :love: Della has lumps just like that, about the same size but they're in different spots on her. Thankfully our vet said they're just fatty too so it's nothing to worry about, unless they get too big and hinder her movement.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Gracie started getting them when she turned 8yr. I had them checked even though I knew they were lipomas. She had 4 of them by the time she was 11.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Hans looks great!:love:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

He's slightly more heavy than he looks in the pictures, but he's in good shape. I like those ripples in his thighs ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Love you, Hans! :)

I’m so glad there aren’t any concerns.

Here’s a pic of my boy, Max. He was a little lumpy bumpy, too. I think he was about 9yrs old in this pic :)

CDB476E2-CD92-43B2-B84F-C586E205D399.jpeg

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
  7. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Yea, sadly Buddy has been getting them too. You might remember he had one under his leg removed because the Vet thought it might hinder his movement. But he's got a couple on his side's too. I always remember a neighbor's Doberman who was full of them and I always hoped when I got a doberman that it wouldn't happen. And Buddy is actually our first Doberman to get them. They really are not unsightly though . You can just see them at different angles.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lucian

Lucian Member

Hans is so handsome! My boy had fatty lumps as well. When you first find them it's pretty scary. My min pin has them too now, I'm just glad that the vet says they are nothing to worry about.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Hans looks great!
    I haven't seen any on Drake yet. GiGi has a small one on her chest. They make me sad cause they are a reminder that our dogs are getting up there in years. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. JanS

I guess I do have a photo on this computer that sort of shows Della's bumps. You can see them sort of by the armpits and down her chest between her front legs.
    Posing by flowers yawning Sept 9 17.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow x 1
  11. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Aww look at her. :love: Is she just tired or mad also because you interrupted her nap? :spit:

The one on her chest is about the same size as my G's. Not bad but noticeable.
    We have some friends that have a pair of dobies. The female is 14 yrs. old. She is covered in them, a couple are huge. One in her armpit is beginning to affect her walking. Her vet is reluctant to remove it because of her age. They are hoping to celebrate her 15th birthday in February. That's exciting and inspiring to all dobe owners.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JanS

LOL, she was just proud of herself since she had a chance to pose for photos instead of me taking pics of all of those other dogs for the calendar.
    Yes, it's very encouraging.

• Like Like x 1