Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

More ear advice please!

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by DobieMom2020, Jun 30, 2020.

1. DobieMom2020

DobieMom2020 New Member

A00D8D85-4B5C-45AF-AA2B-214C26B03C48.jpeg 6B42DDF5-3A6F-44A1-9E6B-5D6047B445E5.jpeg Loki’s wars are doing GREAT!! I’ll include a picture of his most recent bath time so you can see how the crop is looking.

I wanted some advice on what we should do for this upcoming week. My family has a lake trip scheduled, and of course Loki is coming. I don’t expect him to get into the water at all, he hates it, but should I leave his ears out of the posts for the day just in case? We are going to the lake on his regular posting day, so I would be taking his ears down, cleaning and reposting that day anyways.

I just want to see what you all would suggest for us. Thank you!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

If you don't think he'd go in the water on his own or if you don't intend to take him in, personally, I would post. Keep in mind, if they do get wet, they need to come off immediately.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

They look great!

I agree that I would keep them posted since you can lose a lot of progress if you don't.

Have fun!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

If you are scheduled to take his ears down that day anyway, I don't see the harm in leaving them down for the time you will actually be near or in the water. It's a great time in life to introduce a pup to water. Maybe there will be other dogs who swim to show him the ropes, kids splashing around having fun enticing him into the water, or maybe you might even be able to ease him into making his first doggy paddles :)

• Like Like x 1