1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Montana

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by Mandy Menard, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Can I ask what the reason is behind wanting to use your male as a stud? Just curious. Cute boy

2. Mandy Menard

Mandy Menard New Member

Ok I’ll see if I can get ahold of her thank you for all your help

3. Mandy Menard

Mandy Menard New Member

My husband says he’s got such a good demeanor an would make amazing babies he would love to just see the bloodline continue an my koda is so smart very well trained I agreed to it before I get him fixed an now that he’s 2 was hoping it’s around the time

4. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

While a stable temperament is very important, there's alot more to breeding a dog then just demeanor.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Mandy Menard

Mandy Menard New Member

Yes I’m very aware of that he will have the proper work up before anything

6. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Unfortunately, without proper registration or a 3-5 generation pedigree it wouldn’t be wise to use you male as a stud. Most people love there dogs and would like to see them have offspring but our breed is already ridge with disease and isn’t a healthy breed. There are many breeders out there trying to improve and maintain the health and longevity of our breed. My suggestion would be love your boy and hope for as many years as possible with him.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

The most important reason, above all else, is to improve the breed, and this should always be the main goal.

I’m of the thinking ‘leave it to the professionals.’ It takes commitment and knowledge.

A fertility test. Fully health tested and proven themselves in show ring, working trials, agility etc...

Making the decision to allow your male to sire a litter of puppies is a lifetime responsibility. Bringing high quality, healthy puppies into the world requires work and research.

Lastly, I really don’t think DCF is the place to try and hookup your Male for breeding.

• Agree Agree x 3