Miniature Pinscher

HappyJoe

Hot Topics Subscriber
On our walks I have been stopped several times by people who tell me they have "A smaller one of those."
I have never owned a Min Pin or even known one very well, but I do know they are a separate breed and for some reason the comment irks me on both dogs behalf!

Is their any similarity?

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Is their any similarity?

No other than they are black and (tan) LOL. Min pins are terriers and boy they live up to it. It irks me too. I just smile nicely as I found people feel insulted when you inform them the right answer.

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
I get that all the time. "Oh you have a standard Doberman - our friends had a miniature one"... :rolleyes:

Doberman Gang

Hot Topics Subscriber
On our walks I have been stopped several times by people who tell me they have "A smaller one of those."
I have never owned a Min Pin or even known one very well, but I do know they are a separate breed and for some reason the comment irks me on both dogs behalf!

Is their any similarity?
No, hell no

Kaiser2016

I think the terrier part of them makes them even worse (and unsafe) around cats. I'd never expect Kaiser to harm any cat intentionally, but a min pin just might. They are super adorable though, but I think I am just partial to the black and tan look lol.

Oh Little Oji

Formerly Tad
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
The notion that the Min Pin is a miniature of the Doberman is a very common inaccuracy that is easily put to rest by the fact that the Miniature Pinscher existed before the Doberman Pinscher.

Oh Little Oji

Formerly Tad
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Similarities in temperament and actions though? If I don't strictly control Oji, he acts very much like an aggressive, belligerent Min Pin.
Edit to say much of it has to do with Oji's lines and breeding.