Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Mini stats (new)

Discussion in 'Doberman Chat Announcements' started by FredC, Jan 11, 2009.

1. FredC

FredC Guest

Im a big time statsaholic so i thought this feature might be fun to test out for awhile. let me know what you think, as feedback from everyone will determine if we keep it or not.

Description
    This adds an activity metric for users on the forum; this metric takes into account a variable number of weeks. Also provided is a Junior/Normal/Senior member system based on this metric, and a longevity metric (user registered time as a percent of the amount of time the first user has been registered).

Visiting each day and posting the configured amount of times per day for the configured number of weeks will yeild 100% activity. Posts are checked individually for each day, so days cannot be skipped then spammed up afterwards. The weight of visiting for the day relative to posting is configurable. Weeks are weighted so the most recent has a bigger impact on the activity percent than the most distant.

When a user logs in with activity above the configured threshold, they are promoted from Junior Member to Member. When they log in with the configured amount of time as Member, they are promoted to Senior Member.

This is nothing to be taken seriously. Its just a little feature to add to the user expierance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kiaransimba

kiaransimba New Member

Thanks! I like it, but like you I'm a stataholic...lol I really like the thanked part of it :)

3. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

Yeah I like the thanked part too. haha I just noticed this Von. I like it it's cool. :D

4. FredC

FredC Guest

thanks for the feed back you two, Im actually having fun with the mini stats myself. ;)

5. Silent

Silent Novitiate

It's a neat add-on.
    I don't see a thank you button so thank you lol.

6. jeoestreich

jeoestreich Notable member

Stats are super fun but I am also a nerd. :lol: But I do use them everyday in my full time job. :)

7. FredC

FredC Guest

The "Thank You" Button is set up a little differently here then it is configured on other forums. Here you can only thank the original poster in the first thread. you can not thank anybody for simply replying to a post. :)

8. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

i think what you really need is spell check.......

*ducks*

9. FredC

FredC Guest

if i used a spell checker then i wouldnt be able to read my own posts. :D

10. PNWPBR

PNWPBR New Member

11. deladobies

deladobies Member

K, but Im still corn fused with the longevity one..... Is it how much is written in a post???

12. FredC

FredC Guest

Longevity is just a graphical scale of how long you have been a member compared to how long the board has been online. If you point your curser over the graph, it will give you the complete low down. ;)

13. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

i deserve some tenure from DP....

14. FredC

FredC Guest

lol you did. Dp opened in sept and you joined a cpl weeks later.

15. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

okie just checking... I dont get bonus for you leaving me behind a week or so, lol

16. FredC

FredC Guest

Naa that was pay back for not taking all of us to Cali with ya. ;)

17. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

lol, actually, if you think about it... I did take ya guys with me to Cali :) and now we are in Crosby TX... which my mom is postive is kinda beat up looking because of the hurricane...and no other reason... i am skeptical though