1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Members Marks sams club dog food

Discussion in 'Doberman Nutritional Care' started by King, May 29, 2019.

1. King

King New Member

Hey, can anyone give me some insight on this dog food. My Doberman is doing pretty well on it I just want to be sure it’s the right food for him I know all dogs are different as well. let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

How old is the little pup?

I would check dogfoodadvisor.com and find a 4 or 5 star food to feed. All Life Stages is best, as puppy formula is just marketing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. King

King New Member

He is 12 weeks now, but ok thanks for the advice! I’ll get an updated picture

Attached Files:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  4. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Firestar Dobe

Firestar Dobe $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I agree with finding a better dog food on dogfoodadvisor.com and no puppy food, an All Life Stages food with grain. Puppy food actually has too much protein and can cause the bones to grow too quickly which may cause problems with knuckling. Grain free food may contribute to heart issues which Dobes are already prone to. Your little guy is adorable by the way!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

@King
    Some things I don't like about this food. No matter what food. All Ingredient Proteins should be a Named Protein.
    #1 Animal Fat 3rd Line Down. From what Animal???? Road Kill, Horse?
    #2 Fish Oil 8th Line Down. From what kind of Fish???
    #3 Menadione Sodium Bisulfate 15th Line Down.

A Pet Food Ingredient to be Wary of: Menadione Sodium ...
    A Pet Food Ingredient to be Wary of: Menadione Sodium Bisulfatemenadione-sodium...
    Menadione Sodium Bisulfate is a synthetic version of vitamin K. You’ll see it within the fine print of many pet foods ingredient list. In addition, of course, it’s not as simple to find it as it should be.

Lots of great articles and info on Ingredients
    Pet Food Ingredients – Truth about Pet Food

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  7. King

King New Member

I’ll be switching him over to Victor hi pro plus seems to be better ... taking all feedback into consideration seems to be good and also affordable food,, thanks !