Meet Melrae's Surprise Package !!

Annie follows commands, especially that cute "down" like a soldier in boot camp! Both my dobergirls do this, too and I find it to just be the cutest thing!

A couple things I will dump my next loose change on are a calming bed and one of the crate liners mentioned in another thread recently. They seem to produce results.

Please mention the crate liner? I am always looking for new ideas. I don't own a calming bed YET! Definatley will purchase one of those....Glory sleeps in our bed, but Falcon will be on the floor until he matures...But I have found the Primo Pads for crates are great and hold up well. I usually put old sheets in for them to nest in. Falcon has been an unusual one; I have an actual dog bed in his crate, and he has not chewed it at all!

there are a couple mentioned in this thread.

Surprise! :gun::yatta:

Ok, I know I told a few of you that Buddy was going to be our last Doberman. I thought so too. :rolleyes: He was a great dog! I loved him so much! Having him for 13 years felt like such a blessing. I really thought that I was going to walk away feeling blessed that we had a great dog for so long and not wanting to take a chance on another.

But four years later, I am still mourning his loss. 😭

Just like so many of you, Dobermans are our heartbreed. Here on DCF, I've seen some beautiful dogs coming out of Melrae's kennel and I was truly impressed. I often thought, boy, if I ever wanted another, I would go through that breeder. So when this opportunity presented itself, I had a decision to make! I fought it, believe me! ☺️ But my heart thought differently.

I told my daughter my dilemma and she said, lets play a game. You give me the negatives and we'll discuss each one. She boo-hooed all of then and when she got to, "What does your heart say?" I started crying! I wasn't even sure what that meant! But I think it was missing something!

When I saw this little girl my heart melted. Her eyes were speaking to me. But do I really want to do this again?! My husband was no help. At least not at first. He said it was my choice. He understood how I felt and knew it had to be my decision. The dogs are always my dogs. I do all the training. I do all the feeding. I do most of the work, let's put it that way! LOL So he knew the decision should be mine. But I really wanted to know how he felt! And I needed to hear that he was onboard.

Well, he wanted her! Oh yeah. He wanted her. (SMH with a smile 😃 ) Are you sure? Cuz I'm going to text "YES" right this minute.

*Finger poised over my phone*

And it was done! We were having a puppy in our home again!

The next day I mulled over the fact that I'm terrible with names. Really! I'm so bad. I'm usually very simple like Duke (our first) Beauty and Buddy. 🤷‍♀️. LOL

I always thought Anastasia was a pretty name but of course you're not going to give your dog that as a call name. But I thought well, then, I could call her Annie. Annie! I like that! :thumbsup:

That evening my husband comes in the door and says, did you think of any names?! (That man, I swear! Got to love him! He's excited!)

I said, no, not really.

He said, how about Annie?

😳🤯

Seriously?

He's like yeah, why?

Holy crap. So Annie it was!

I was just a little bit terrified once the decision was made. I haven't had a young puppy since 1995 when we got our first Doberman. And even he was 12 weeks old. Annie is only 9 weeks old. And I don't remember how to post ears! LOL But I'm feeling pretty confident after watching several things here! What a great board, huh! 😉❤️

So the fun thing is that Melissa is down in Kentucky! Only about 20 minutes from where our daughter and her family lives! How convenient, huh? Our daughter couldn't believe it.

So we made plans this weekend to visit her and pick up little Annie! We are actually on our way home with her right now! But I couldn't wait to tell you guys all about her and show you some photos! I can't believe after all this time I'm in the Puppy Forum!! Be prepared for LOTS of pictures!!! I'm a new Mom! And on Mother's day to boot!! 😍

View attachment 146299

First meeting!
View attachment 146300

She's the one with the collar.
View attachment 146301

Yes, in LOVE! And I didn't mind the paw prints on my pants at all!!
View attachment 146302View attachment 146303View attachment 146304View attachment 146305

Hubby too!!
View attachment 146306View attachment 146307View attachment 146308View attachment 146309

The ride back to our daughters house to show her hubby and 17 year old twins. Annie fell asleep in the car 2 minutes after getting in the car!
View attachment 146310

Meeting Kali went way better than expected! I thought Kali wouldn't want anything to do with Annie. But she was pretty excited!
View attachment 146316
View attachment 146317
View attachment 146318
View attachment 146311

Not keen on her first time on leash so, "I'll drive!" 🤣
View attachment 146312View attachment 146313View attachment 146314

She's been sleeping on my lap since we left! (About 12:30. It's 2:15 now. ) We probably won't get home until around 6:00.
View attachment 146315
Gr8 looking pup. I bgt my girl 675 miles away drove and had a small crate. Put her on the seat next to me and she slept for 2 hrs. She woke up looked at me for a cpl of minutes and moved on to the console while putting her head in the crook of my arm. We looked at each other and knew we both made the right choice. GOTTA LOVE DOBIES!!

Wow, what a difference! That basket is going to be a great marker for size reference as she grows.

So cute!!! Those beds look lovely and so cozy!
Costco has them and I’ve looked and almsot did it haha,
Just to let you know, so maybe you won't feel like you're depriving Pepper of luxury... Asha won't touch one. Reckless and the cat both get in the one we have and Asha has never put a paw on it, much less sat on it or laid down on it. She also "could" pick at it, or pick it up and shake it. She just totally won't touch it. It's been here for 3 years. Now that I've said that she may make a liar out of me, but I'll let you know if it happens. :rofl:

Just to let you know, so maybe you won't feel like you're depriving Pepper of luxury... Asha won't touch one. Reckless and the cat both get in the one we have and Asha has never put a paw on it, much less sat on it or laid down on it. She also "could" pick at it, or pick it up and shake it. She just totally won't touch it. It's been here for 3 years. Now that I've said that she may make a liar out of me, but I'll let you know if it happens. :rofl:
Haha good to know! I bought her another cheapo bed off Amazon for the kitchen. She ruined her kitchen bed be had I put it in her crate… Well, she ripped a hole right away in her new bed lol

I put it down for when we do place stay, but then have to take it away because she can’t help herself. I don’t know what has gotten into her! 😵‍💫

have to take it away because she can’t help herself. I don’t know what has gotten into her!
It's self rewarding behavior, hard to fix, but you can do it! You have to never allow it in your presence, and if you aren't there then manage it to the extent that she can't do it behind your back. A simple no and remove whatever it is she's tearing up. If you aren't there to watch, remove the thing when you leave, or crate her.

It's self rewarding behavior, hard to fix, but you can do it! You have to never allow it in your presence, and if you aren't there then manage it to the extent that she can't do it behind your back. A simple no and remove whatever it is she's tearing up. If you aren't there to watch, remove the thing when you leave, or crate her.
Very interesting about it being self rewarding. I am on it now she lost her crate bed and kitchen bed.
Today she pulled the sheet on her crate inside her crate and chewed a bit up. A small portion she did consume 😩 I am going to move her crate into the den it’s dark and ditch the sheet.
She has a chew toy in her crate too, but that’s not as self rewarding I guess.

Back