Meet Melrae's Surprise Package !!

On next posting, I'd cover the entire tip with the piece of tape 😊 so it doesn't curl back ! How wide is your tape?
Yes, 1 inch. And I guess at first I didn't understand the tip of her ear as far as her crop. It has a little "comma" look to it and I thought, how the heck is that going to straighten out? So I was afraid to post it. It was kind of like having a wrinkle in a fabric and you just iron over that without straightening it out, you know what I mean? But now that I understand the crop I will tape over that for sure! I guess that's the Fwip that I heard someone talk about.

I already said CONGRATS via text but I wanted to make it official and come check out your thread so I could see how it's going.
I was hoping it help me develop some of my own puppy fever.
Sorry to say that's still a no. 😞
Maybe some day.....

You did a great first time ‘95 post…you will become significantly more confident and better before you know it. Annie keeping the post in is great news too!

In the pictures, it just looks like she was born to be with y’all up there and it sounds as if there are zero reservations so far!! The puppy defensive bark is quite assuring that she feels confident in her surroundings- otherwise it would have been a yelping cry with her scurrying away to hide.

Remember, the post don’t have to be perfect…just do the job of shaping/holding ears up. And one goof up or misstep isn’t a tragedy, plenty of time and effort to shape those ears.

The puppy defensive bark is quite assuring that she feels confident in her surroundings- otherwise it would have been a yelping cry with her scurrying away to hide.
Well, it seems we've been seeing this defensive bark a few times already! I was out walking with her on the driveway when my neighbors horses made a sound. She quickly turned around and gave a little bark and I quickly took a video! 📹 I'm not sure if she was reacting to the horses or just not knowing what the sound was because she hasn't barked at my horses at all. But look at the hair on her back! A little nervous but not tail tucking and running away. In fact, she was running toward it.

The second video I was ready for because of the last time she barked at my husband coming up the stairs. I wanted to see her reaction because it was dark. The video is pretty dark until the very end when I turn the light on) I waited to see him close the barn and walk toward the house. I picked her up and started the recording. When he came up to the steps he stomped his feet to get the dirt off his shoes and listen to that growl! Wow. That was so funny! I didn't think a little 10 week old pup would be that reactive.

Earlier today my daughter-in-law and the three boys came over for the first time. And she did the same thing. A little bark a little growl and very unsure. But it didn't take long before she was playing with them. So it's just an initial, "I'm not sure of you."

And it took probably two days for her to totally bond to me. But what do you want? I'm with her 24/7! 😇

Well, it seems we've been seeing this defensive bark a few times already! I was out walking with her on the driveway when my neighbors horses made a sound. She quickly turned around and gave a little bark and I quickly took a video! 📹 I'm not sure if she was reacting to the horses or just not knowing what the sound was because she hasn't barked at my horses at all. But look at the hair on her back! A little nervous but not tail tucking and running away. In fact, she was running toward it.

The second video I was ready for because of the last time she barked at my husband coming up the stairs. I wanted to see her reaction because it was dark. The video is pretty dark until the very end when I turn the light on) I waited to see him close the barn and walk toward the house. I picked her up and started the recording. When he came up to the steps he stomped his feet to get the dirt off his shoes and listen to that growl! Wow. That was so funny! I didn't think a little 10 week old pup would be that reactive.

Earlier today my daughter-in-law and the three boys came over for the first time. And she did the same thing. A little bark a little growl and very unsure. But it didn't take long before she was playing with them. So it's just an initial, "I'm not sure of you."

And it took probably two days for her to totally bond to me. But what do you want? I'm with her 24/7! 😇
Oh my goodness! She is going to be fun!

Wow, can I have her? Ship her over here to be Zephy'rs sister. I love her!

Annie had her first vet visit today with my dog vet!

Waiting for him
20240521_091346.jpg

Those eyes! ❤️❤️
20240521_091256.jpg

Everything checked out just great!20240521_093010.jpg

And she was a perfect angel. My vet said he has only seen a handful of purebred Dobermans come through in the last several years. He said they're not as popular anymore. I was surprised and yet not. Because I have not seen them around much at all over the years. Not that I am in an area that sees a lot of dogs. But even before we moved here I don't remember seeing too many dobermans.

He thought Annie was very good looking! When he walked in the room I joked, "Well, I did it again!" :rolleyes: He laughed and said, That's okay! So we're onto the next chapter. 😉

She weighed in at 17.8lbs.

Amazing that they can go from unposted and flopped to that in a matter of, what, a week or so?

Hey, do we think her peninsula kiss marks will turn in to islands? Not saying they have to. Just curious.

Ooh, look at them! Beautiful!

Amazing that they can go from unposted and flopped to that in a matter of, what, a week or so?

Absolutely beautiful! I do love those long crops!
Yea, it's pretty cool, huh? And in only a week. 😁 Far from "done" but a lot of fun to get a glimpse of what's to be!

Hey, do we think her peninsula kiss marks will turn in to islands? Not saying they have to. Just curious.
Um, I'm not sure what you're referencing here? The sides of her cheeks? Explain please. 😁

20240522_075313.jpg
20240522_153535.jpg

Um, I'm not sure what you're referencing here? The sides of her cheeks? Explain please. 😁
Yes, the markings on the cheeks. On some Dobes the dot is separated, and on some Dobes, it's attached. I want to say it can change as a Dobe matures toward adulthood; but I can't say for sure. I think that neither is preferable in the show ring, but I'm not !00% sure on that. I realize it probably matters not to you, and I also realize that Annie is just gorgeous! Her coloration and markings are beautiful!

Yes, the markings on the cheeks. On some Dobes the dot is separated, and on some Dobes, it's attached. I want to say it can change as a Dobe matures toward adulthood; but I can't say for sure. I think that neither is preferable in the show ring, but I'm not !00% sure on that. I realize it probably matters not to you, and I also realize that Annie is just gorgeous! Her coloration and markings are beautiful!
Hers are pretty solidly connected. I doubt they will form into separate thumb prints. Sharply defined markings is described in the standard. It doesn't matter for a pet that won't be bred though!

Ears and posts are looking good!

This morning we were taking our walk and she saw the horses in the pasture and I knew we were going to stop. She stood there for a while looking and I knew Sandy, our Palomino, would come over to greet her. She's always somewhat like a child and very inquisitive and gentle. This time Annie didn't skirt away! I thought it was a very nice meeting. Even Cheyenne came over to say hi.

Wow, great interaction with the horses! Love how she laid out so flat and watched so calmly! I guess the horses can see through their masks and that's why they were able to zero in on Annie so easily, or do they follow her scent, or maybe they follow your voice?

Back