1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Making the switch to Raw

Discussion in 'Doberman Nutritional Care' started by Viemarangelrock, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Yeah, I saw that too. That’s why I’m looking at Natural Instincts. They’re more 80/10/10.
    Thanks for the link, too :thumbsup2:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Viemarangelrock

They also stock Nutriment.

30F607E5-EAC1-4425-85E6-11181AE62546.png E5E77081-B5F8-42D8-9147-B7A89DD701D2.png B36F38B9-B647-45CF-A954-DD4C9076A58E.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Are you starting with premade? That’s what I did. I was so nervous about getting the right percentages that I didn’t trust myself. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Viemarangelrock

Yes, the pet pantry stocks about 9 different companies which produce premade. Nutriment (above) & Natural Instincts are at the top of my list. Thought I’d start with the complete meals first and then progress to my own dishes from there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Snoops

Snoops Member

Bella is on natural Instinct and I have not looked back. Bella loves it.
    Her stools are regular, hard and crumble on raw.
    I give Bella 1KG a day split in half morning and early evening.
    She loves all flavours and found this sooo much easier than trying to work out ratios etc.

Every other day for lunch she will get eggs, or raw bones (spines, trachia) to help clean her teeth.

She also gets ancol cow ears to chew on.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  6. Viemarangelrock

Thanks Snoops! That’s very encouraging :thumbsup2: spitting a 1kg pack into 2 meals would be good for us, too. But I think we’re going to start her at 750g and keep an eye on her weight/body condition. Is that about 3-4% for Bella?
    How long does a 1kg pack take to defrost from freezer to fridge? Mind you I think once defrosted in the fridge they are good for about 3 days.

She looks amazing, @Snoops!

7. Snoops

Snoops Member

@Viemarangelrock I bought a garage freezer. Usually can take about 2 days from.frozen to thawed in fridge or about 24hr at room temperature. However what I do is always have 4 In the fridge so when I have 2 left, I take out another 2 from the freezer.

I also have a few spare cans or nature's diet (which can be stored in cupboards) just in case :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Viemarangelrock

Today is the day for the switch :thumbsup2:
    I’m home with her for the next 4 days straight so it makes sense to just jump right in.
    I’m starting off on premade.
    Nutriment stock 1.4kg Chubb rolls. So it’ll last 2 days (4meals) - roughly!!

£3.80 per Chubb roll - It’s really not going to cost the earth! Plus I’ve got a 10% discount, too.

370D66FA-9E05-47FE-AF80-2931844E2670.jpeg CA7F99C0-86D5-4D9D-B8DE-A9F0D46BA5BC.jpeg 5C9E5417-0AB3-4856-A53A-06798335CAA6.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Viemarangelrock

87412594-E200-4CCE-896D-6FCFFBCE1C91.jpeg

Well, I think the texture freaked her out at first :D looks like she doesn’t know whether to eat it or drink it :rofl:
    But she persevered and ate the whole lot. She barked at it, too! Missed that bit on the video...damn! Lol
    Mind you, I don’t normally stand over her when she eats so I think she knew something was ‘different!’

• Like Like x 6
  11. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

She started off enthusiastic! The licking lips seems like positive excitement to me. Kaiser still does that when we prep his food and he has to wait for it. Keeps him from drooling all over the place too haha. I’m sure she paused because of your presence. Now we wait for a poop! Expect the poop schedule to be different. Give extra breaks to be safe.

12. Viemarangelrock

Got some very healthy discounts, too. I though staff got a flat 10% discount but it ranges by product :thumbsup2:

When Jemma gets her own dog my discount will stop, which is fair enough. But for now I’ll enjoy saving the :2cents

F13F94AC-3077-491C-B367-15E5E60BC999.png Thank

• Like Like x 3
  13. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Until then, stock up! Did you get a freezer yet?

14. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

15. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

One thing and most important about Freezers. When you think you have one picked out. GET THE NEXT SIZE OR COUPLE SIZES LARGER!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Viemarangelrock

Nope. I’m using the bottom compartment in our freezer. The Chubb rolls fit quite nicely (6 rolls) We only live 10 minutes drive from the pet pantry and I drive past it several times a week. I’ll probably do weekly visits, it doesn’t bother me plus I get to see my daughter more!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Viemarangelrock

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

We did get an extra freezer for Kaiser’s stuff, because we kept mixing up our meat supply with his :rofl: but I’ve turned our food pick ups into a social outing with another Doberman friend so I don’t mind it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Viemarangelrock

Short term while I’m doing premade, it’s fine. But sometime in the not so distant future when I prepare all the meals myself, we’ll need to invest in a good sized deep freezer.
    Hopefully when the annexe is complete our plan is to build an outbuilding for storing the bikes, lawnmower etc..if we can organise ourselves and get electric to that outbuilding it’ll be perfect.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Viemarangelrock

I’ll remember this, thanks! I quite fancy one of those large deep freezers. Similar to the one below that they store the raw in at the pet pantry.

C4828E42-1111-4988-AE89-02C2CF000753.png

• Like Like x 3