1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Lou needs a new home

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by syntax, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

When will you be hitting Cali? Any chance to keep him till then? I am in southern Cal,western Riverside county.Like I said,we have a female red,she needs another dog her speed,and uh.....I pretty much decided we are a one breed house:dobe:

I don't think your evil,life happens.My wife works in a hospital as well,I understand the 12 hour night shift routine all too well.If anything I commend you for coming on here trying to do whats best for your dog.

If it's not too much trouble I think I speak for us all when I say I would love to see more pics of him.:)

• Like Like x 4
  2. FredC

FredC Guest

Im sure you will do fine by your dog, its just a sad situation for you and your pet.. I dont believe anyone is actually judging your actions or labeling you as "horrible" If anyone here cant understand that circumstances can change on a dime then i wouldnt lose any sleep over those people.. But on the other hand some people here have had to move heaven and earth to keep their dogs with them and in their cases its easy to understand how a topic of this nature also invokes skepticism.

• Like Like x 6
  3. syntax

syntax New Member

Not sure when I am going to Cali when I do the wife is planning on staying until we find him a home. I know it wont be for another few months at least. Unfortunately I will be in and out of hotels during the time I will be there so taking Lou is out of the question. I will try and add more pictures later.

We both love Lou very much and it will be one of the hardest things I will ever have to do. Like you said we are trying to do whats best for him. The best idea I have came up with so far is to take lou to live with a friend of ours and after the contract is over take him back. If he wants to come back.

• Like Like x 2
  4. syntax

syntax New Member

Thank you for your post :)

5. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

You say you have exhausted all other options? Not questioning you doing so, just wanted some more info on that. I'm assuming the breeder won't take him back? I'm in the Elkhart area which applies under the Northern Indiana area which you say you are from, so maybe I can help. Try contacting Illinois Doberman Rescue to see if they will help you. They aren't too far from here at just under 3 hours away. http://www.ildoberescue.com/

• Like Like x 1
  6. My Mateese

My Mateese Notable member

Nobody is judging you, that is not what we are
    all about, people are trying to help. We all know
    our lives can CHANGE IN AN INSTANT, mine did.
    We just never never know, speaking of being judged
    when I left my very good job........people thought I was
    BONKERS plain and simple.

"YESTERDAY " is HISTORY
    "TODAY " is a GIFT
    "TOMORROW is a MYSTERY

Please keep us informed, we all care

• Like Like x 3
  7. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

"YESTERDAY " is HISTORY
    "TODAY " is a GIFT
    "TOMORROW is a MYSTERY
    I have never read this before,did you write it? I like that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. My Mateese

Thank you, I love it. No I did not write this, this is a
    spiritual verse, my father told me this years ago and I
    hold it very dear. He told me he would think of this
    when he was a Marine, special forces, trying to help
    our country fighting in the war.:love::sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  9. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Sounds like a great tattoo idea, hint hint! Very cool quote for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Angel1224

Angel1224 Novitiate

Hello, I am in Northwest, IN also. I have helped place a lot of dobermans in good homes! If you email me information about your baby and a few photos I will post him as our rescue of the week and see if I can help find him a good home! thedobermanpack@hotmail.com Hope to hear from you soon!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rits

Syntax, I actually know of someone that is looking for a doberman in my town. We live 15 min away from your area so it would be perfect. I can attest for this person as she's the kennel manager at the animal clinic I used to work at. I worked there for close to 5 years so I know this person pretty well working with them day n and day out. I'm going to shoot you a PM so I can exchange contact info with you. :)

• Like Like x 5
  12. syntax

syntax New Member

Hi everyone thanks for the help! We have found the perfect home for Lou that will allow us to still see him and hopefully be apart of his life. He will have another dobe about his age to play with a big house and yard to run around in. Thanks again to everyone!

• Like Like x 9
  13. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

What great news -Glad it is all working out.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rits

Good to hear :) Thanks for the update.

• Like Like x 2
  15. My Mateese

Oh my goodness..............I have been wondering about
    him, thank you for letting us know.

GOD BLESS YOU LOU:love:

16. OhioJoe

OhioJoe Notable member

Thanks for letting us know.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Quee

Quee Hot Topics Subscriber

So glad to hear it's worked out for you and Lou!

18. Asteria

Asteria Formerly Luca & Co Hot Topics Subscriber

Any update on how he is doing in his new home or pictures :)

• Like Like x 2