Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

California Los Angeles Unified School District Closes Schools Due To Credible Terror Threat

Discussion in 'United States Regional Forum' started by FredC, Dec 15, 2015.

1. FredC

FredC Guest

image.jpeg

Los Angeles police say the threat is still being analyzed

Police in California have confirmed that all Los Angeles Unified School District schools were closed Tuesday morning due to a credible bomb threat, the LA Times reports.

It is unclear when the threat was made and to which school board member, but the situation prompted the LAUSD to close all schools effective immediately, according to the Los Angeles School Police.

Students and staff were directed to stay away from all campuses.

The Los Angeles Police Department was assisting with the threat investigation.

According to Reuters, police in Los Angeles say the threat is still being analyzed. The FBI has been notified.

This is a developing story.........
    -----------------------------------

Whats going on over there @Gelcoater ?? Everyone safe on the homefront? 900 schools in total.. I suspect somebody here was effected by this.. Wow 900 schools.. Hope its a hoax but good to see the authorities and Superintendent take such a threat seriously.. I couldn't imagine the repercussions if they did not.. Praying these scums are hunted and dealt with accordingly.. Rare you here the Authorities call one of these threats "Credible"

Totally freaky i couldnt imagine having a child in this school district knowing some whackjob is out there targeting Children.. Or even crazy enough to make such a threat in this day and age.. Even if its a hoax this is going to cost LA Millions to sort out between the 750000 students and 900 schools spread out over hundreds of square miles and you have yourself a successful terror operation even as a hoax... And all we can do is pray that it is.. What kind of loser even thinks this stuff up let alone possibly follow through?
    ------------------------------

NYPD is reporting the same threat and deemed not credible.. No Action taken.. I suppose San Bernardino is fresh on the Minds of those on the West Coast..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  2. sgourle

sgourle Notable member

I would imagine that the FBI announcing credible terrorist threats in Washington and the college shooting in Oregon also play a part in the decisions made over here right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Interesting... I'll have to ask hubby if our threat went up at work since we have to keep the threat levels current for the whole country.

4. FredC

FredC Guest

That system will be getting a facelift soon.
    image.jpeg

5. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Heck I don't know?
    I have been in the mid west since Friday?
    I got back late yesterday and was at work most of today.
    You guys know more than me:confused-alt:

6. FredC

FredC Guest

It has so far mostly been understood that the threat was a hoax...

7. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

It certainly explains the recorded message I got today from my kids school district saying everything is secure and the cops have swept all the schools.

8. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I heard that they think it was a hoax. Something about the wording, even words that were capitalized or not. Plus they said there usually is not a warning in an attack like that. Whatever, that's why NY didn't deem it as a threat. But do you blame CA after what just happened? It sure is understandable. But I'm sure it was an amazing feat to close that many schools!

9. FredC

FredC Guest

In the Midwest we call them snow days. :guns:

• Like Like x 2
  10. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

You know, that's very true! I wonder how many 'we' would go through when snow days were called ? I know the scrolling at the bottom of the screen seems to go on forever, doesn't it? :)