• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Looking for European Doberman Breeders

pirateb20

Novitiate
Does anyone know of any reliable European Doberman breeders in the US or Europe? I’m not opposed to having the puppy shipped to me but I’m having a terrible time finding breeders. Most of them haven’t been active since the early 2000s to 2010s. Thanks for any recommendations!

Oh Little Oji

Formerly Tad
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Hey there.

I'm considering a European Dobe for my next dog (among a few other breeds) but I really don't know where I would find one. Part of my quandary is I currently have a European working-line Dobe and am probably looking to get away from working-line. The one European Dobe breeder located in the U.S. that I can say I have some sense of knowledge of, and trust in, is Danbar Ranch; but those Dobes have some appreciable working titles in their pedigrees. So I would be concerned with winding up with the same qualities/tendencies I'm looking to move away from. FYI, Danbar's owner is a member here, albeit not a frequent contributor.

As for importing, I know that a few members here have imported from Liparland (in Serbia?)

Oh Little Oji

Formerly Tad
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Regarding Danbar:

She breeds for old style dogs truer to the origins, and bucking trendy developments in the breeds. With Dobes, she favors working ability, and even has the pups receive crops somewhat shorter than the modern norm! I like that.

pirateb20

Novitiate
Regarding Danbar:

She breeds for old style dogs truer to the origins, and bucking trendy developments in the breeds. With Dobes, she favors working ability, and even has the pups receive crops somewhat shorter than the modern norm! I like that.
Hey there.

I'm considering a European Dobe for my next dog (among a few other breeds) but I really don't know where I would find one. Part of my quandary is I currently have a European working-line Dobe and am probably looking to get away from working-line. The one European Dobe breeder located in the U.S. that I can say I have some sense of knowledge of, and trust in, is Danbar Ranch; but those Dobes have some appreciable working titles in their pedigrees. So I would be concerned with winding up with the same qualities/tendencies I'm looking to move away from. FYI, Danbar's owner is a member here, albeit not a frequent contributor.

As for importing, I know that a few members here have imported from Liparland (in Serbia?)

Thanks for the reply! I’ve looked at Liparland but apparently she has stopped breeding. Someone in another post said for personal reasons. I’ll have to take a look at Danbar!

DanBar

Notable member
Hi, thank you for the kind words Oh Little Oji, so rare to see any kind things said about breeders! Usually just a pile on LOL!!!!
Pirateb20, I have a very small breeding program. I did just currently import a couple more dogs to fit into my program for what I am trying to breed, they are all working line dogs. My number one criteria is health and longevity. Right now I have a pretty filled waiting list, but I invite you to email me per my website for an application and we can talk.
I have put over 70 training titles on my dogs over the years, but at this point I live WAY out in the middle of nowhere with no clubs, and I am also crippled with arthritis, so I probably will only be able to get tracking and obedience titles from here on out. : (

As I tell everyone, be VERY careful about checking health testing - and if they make EXCUSES RUN AWAY. Use this site to check the health of many dogs, it is very helpful... Pedigrees of dobermanns The European show lines are ROTTEN with DCM. Breeders MUST do Holters, echoes and also pay attention to the DCM 1 and especially 2 results. Only 16.5% of dogs which develop DCM have NO bad genetic markers, whereas 83.5 % DO HAVE AT LEAST ONE MARKER. Those are pretty amazing %s.

I'm pretty strict about where the dogs go as I say "A Doberman is not a pet, its a hobby". These dogs require a TON of interaction and exercise. Or should! LOL

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
As I tell everyone, be VERY careful about checking health testing - and if they make EXCUSES RUN AWAY. Use this site to check the health of many dogs, it is very helpful... Pedigrees of dobermanns The European show lines are ROTTEN with DCM. Breeders MUST do Holters, echoes and also pay attention to the DCM 1 and especially 2 results. Only 16.5% of dogs which develop DCM have NO bad genetic markers, whereas 83.5 % DO HAVE AT LEAST ONE MARKER. Those are pretty amazing %s.
This link seems to be Russian based, but I really love the revealing of CODs & ages. I wonder if there is something like this for American lines or other Euro lines? Wonder how they get so many to volunteer this info? Also curious where you found the stats on % of "clear" vs. one or more markers in DCM death rates. I'm not doubting, just always looking for more sources of good solid info. I'm finding more & more breeders are trying hard to get away from this horrid disease. My girl is clear of both markers, but I'm well aware that could mean nothing in the long run.

DanBar

Notable member
Over on FB, on Doberman DCM and More (I think it is called) you will find most of the medical reports. I'm sorry I don't have time right at this moment to look it up... new puppy arriving!!!! : )
Yes, it is based from Russia. And I can't get them to respond to me even though I have sent donations... It is VERY helpful.
As far as I know America just has "Dobe Quest" but its not really worth your time.