• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Logan's Butt Acting Up Again!

How's Logan doing Sally? I've been lucky in that we've never had to do more than yogurt/pumpkin for loose poop.Feeding total raw is too much for me but I have bought chicken a couple times when it's been on sale for 10lbs for $.69@lb or so.I give Shiloh a frozen piece outside on the porch occasionally so I'm not getting raw chicken all over in the house.If it sounds like something you'd be interested in trying,you could give Logan some and cut his kibble quantity for a couple days and just see if his poop is better at all?

Hi Don thank you so much for asking about Logan :) He's been on the flagyl one tablet every other day this week, changed his food over and he is getting rice and chicken on it....so far he is doing really good...keeping fingers crossed he continues...His Dr will be back on Monday and we are gonna discus the next plan of attack....like doing some blood work....so far it does not matter wut food he is on, kibble, chicken/rice he has the squirts 2 day's after going back on the flagyl the squirts stop...the flagyl acts like an inflammatory in dogs so he is leaning towards IBS we will know more once we start the testing.....I will keep you posted.....

Feeding total raw is too much for me but I have bought chicken a couple times when it's been on sale for 10lbs for $.69@lb or so.I give Shiloh a frozen piece outside on the porch occasionally so I'm not getting raw chicken all over in the house.

That's funny, I just started giving Buddy a frozen chicken wing maybe a month ago the same way, Don. Just as a treat and something cool outside in the heat. He loves it!

Sally, I think Buddy had a reaction to some new canned food I tried (I think I mentioned him getting the squirts in Chat?) I just gave him a spoonful in his food and that morning he was asking to go out all morning! I did the chicken/rice and he was fine. Once I added in the can again, squirts. So I am returning the cans! This was Artemis Fresh Mix Chicken from the dog boutique I get my food from so IDK....something didn't agree. It's good food and just over $2 a can! :ego:

He might be missing his buddy badly... nervous stomach .. also does he eat alot of grass or leaves of plants.. right now Lady is having the soft poops..and it is usually something she finds outside that does it.. she is a hunter and who can quess what goes into her mouth while she is roaming the yard.. quick too.. so you never get to see it..i hope Logan is better now and continues to get better.

Maybe he has a chicken allergy? You could try rice and cooked hamburger. Make sure you drain and rinse the hamburger really well, and try to get the lowest fat content burger you can.:eek2::eek2::eek2:

Maybe he has a chicken allergy?

I don't know if you are referring to me or Dobiegirl/Logan but Buddy doesn't seem to have a chicken allergy because he's gotten plenty of chicken products before. Chicken kibble, raw chicken etc. It just seemed after I gave him that new canned food that I noticed a problem...weird. :ummm:

Maybe he has a chicken allergy? You could try rice and cooked hamburger. Make sure you drain and rinse the hamburger really well, and try to get the lowest fat content burger you can.:eek2::eek2::eek2:

If you were refering to Logan we have already done the hamburg/rice and vet had me change to chicken/rice...but thanks for the suggestion....

Logan has had another flare up with the squirts, after some stress filled day's of new dogs around and two trainers...Monday we went to see his Doc, he did a complete blood panel...results came in.......Logan has SIBO = Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth.....

"In this condition, there is a dramatic increase in the number of bacteria in the small intestine, and this interferes with normal absorption of nutrients. The result is chronic intermittent diarrhea, and weight loss or failure to gain weight. Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) may develop in association with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency. It may also be seen with inflammatory bowel disease, although it can't always be determined which came first."

I found the above doing a search...any way we are going to be treating him with Tylan Treating Canine Diarrhea With Tylan

His Doc is hopeful that we will be able to get him down to only having to us it maybe 2 x's a week after we get him regulated....This has been a long process of finding out wut he had....we did mostly phone consultations and using Flagyl but we finally said we have to know do the blood work...glad we did....the cost was worth it.....Thank God for credit cards......LOL So now hopefully we can get Logan on the mend......

Thanks everyone for all the support.....

Poor guy ! With all of this Diarrhea he probably is getting a more than normal build up of anal gland stuff too. Keep your eye on that. Firms stools help to naturally expell that and we dont want him getting impacted or an infection because its just sitting there.

keeping my fingers crossed for ya !

Poor guy ! With all of this Diarrhea he probably is getting a more than normal build up of anal gland stuff too. Keep your eye on that. Firms stools help to naturally expell that and we dont want him getting impacted or an infection because its just sitting there.

keeping my fingers crossed for ya !

Thanks, his Doc expressed them Monday cuz yep they were starting to bother him....that has got to be the WORST smell on earth!!!!!

I'm so glad they finally found the problem Sally. This has been a long journey and hopefully now with the new treatment he will start feeling better and you won't have as many worries.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

that has got to be the WORST smell on earth!!!!!

I think Della's expressed once when she was laying on the couch with me and it smelled very metallic....

I'm so glad they finally found Logan's problem!!! Will he be on the meds for life? I hope they're very affordable,very effective,and have no side effects.
Maybe Logan's just not getting enough fiber since you won't let him eat any more Amish buggies LOL

I'm so glad they finally found Logan's problem!!! Will he be on the meds for life? I hope they're very affordable,very effective,and have no side effects.
Maybe Logan's just not getting enough fiber since you won't let him eat any more Amish buggies LOL

HA HA HA Don.....LMAO

No Don this powder to me is expensive, gonna cost me about 45.00 a month, but hopefully we will be able to get him to like a maintenance dose so he is only getting it twice or once a week...may end up being for life I hope not.....I've read great reviews on this med so lets hope it works for Logan too.....

Sally, do you think you could get it through the Wal-mart meds program if it's going to be an ongoing thing?

Ok Auntie Tina....not funny...you made Logan cry cuz you laughed at him so hard.....

Thanks Lynz......

Jan, It's not a people med...but I did find it cheaper online, well not cheaper but more for the same amount of money so that will work....

Me too Sharon....now the problem is this powder is bitter and he has caught on to how I'm trying to hide it....so I just ordered this thing to put the powder into capsules, if he has to be on this long term it will be worth it....

Back