• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Little bumps on nose

ASHAPIR3

Novitiate
Hi guys,

Picked up my new puppy a week ago, he is 8 weeks old. he has these bumps on his snout, I think its acne but am not sure... any experience? Should i take him to a vet?

Attachments

• 3B3290C9-41C2-43EC-9050-AB839827457C.jpeg
    3B3290C9-41C2-43EC-9050-AB839827457C.jpeg
    414.6 KB · Views: 24
Hi guys,

Picked up my new puppy a week ago, he is 8 weeks old. he has these bumps on his snout, I think its acne but am not sure... any experience? Should i take him to a vet?
Welcome, those little spots almost look like dry spots. Hard to tell from the picture, I would try rubbing a little coconut oil on them. You can always go to the vet if they get worse. We dealt with skin issues the first year of our dogs life, it can be very frustrating.I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions.

I'm probably one of the least experienced folks on here, but I picked my pup up at 10 weeks and he had the same bumps. He also had a couple scabs on top of his head. The breeder said they were just from roughhousing with the rest of the litter and exploring outside (the breeder lives on a lot of land in a more rural area). I figured it's a combination of that plus bug bites, dry skin, etc. I've been putting some coconut oil/skin soothing balm on it and it's almost gone now.

Yeah the litter I got mine from they all had little scabs and stuff on their heads from playing rough and then he had bumps under his chin and I would just rub them a little bit every day with coconut oil. All gone!

Back