1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Keloid scarring at the base

Discussion in 'Doberman Health Issues and Questions' started by Mr. Sinister, May 27, 2019.

1. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister New Member

So Diesel has this keloid scar on the base of one ear. We did get him like this, it doesn't seem to bother him and it does not interfere with posting, but I think it has bigger (maybe). Not sure if to leave it alone, if it is irritated form posting, or if to remove it (and if so, if to do it AFTER teething, seeing as how his ears are coming along so well).

May need to zoom in on the ones that are from afar - those were taken as such to provide perspective.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I would leave it alone. It looks big now but I think it will surprise you how small it is once he's full grown. I think once you're done posting there will be hair covering anyway. I doubt it will be noticeable.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister New Member

Have you seen something like this? I don't think hair grows there though in general (regardless of the scar). My wife wants to show him, so not sure how much that would affect anything.

4. GennyB

I have seen smaller ones on a grown dog. Not sure how big they were as pups.

You're probably right, hair most likely won't grow through it. I'm just saying that as the ears grow, the scar will get smaller and enough hair will grow around it that it won't be noticeable. Maybe to you because you know it's there.

5. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister New Member

So you were right... Its a good thing I listed and didn't do anything but wait!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Wow x 1
  6. GennyB

Glad to hear it worked out. :) Now where's a pic of the whole pup? WE need pics and of more than just an ear!

• Agree Agree x 3