Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Kali caught a mouse!

Discussion in 'The Pet Post (Non Doberman)' started by MyBuddy, Jul 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I had to help a little, but she got him! I had let the other two horses outside and was in the stall with the last horse when I heard a little bang against the stall door next door. I knew the horses were not in there so the only one that could be was Kali, who was in the barn with me. I suspected she had a mouse!

When I came out of the stall, she had her nose to the bottom of that stall door and I knew she had something! She would not take her eyes off of it. I took the last horse outside and came back, ready for a fight! Lol I thought, if there is something in there, I'm going to let her get it. I wanted her to have a win! Kind of like having a search dog always find the body and you want them to find a live person once in awhile. I know it's not the same thing but she has searched out mice before and never got them. So this time I wanted her to have the prize! :thumbsup: So I quickly slid the door closed, thinking it would expose the little mouse. But OMG, he just hung onto the inside of the door! Amazing! So I had to do a different tactic. I wish I could have had somebody video tape while I helped her but it wasn't possible. I ended up taking her inside the stall with me because he was very close to the opening. When I close the door again he popped out and ran into the stall where Kali quickly got him! It didn't take but a second. And he was a goner. She was very proud of herself. I wouldn't let her near it after it was gone because I thought maybe she wanted to eat it! I would have none of that LOL but I'm glad she finally got one!:party:

20180730_072944.jpg
    20180730_072846.jpg
    20180730_073109.jpg
    20180730_073113.jpg

• Like Like x 12
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  2. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

The great little hunter has proven herself.
    Great job Kali!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

*WARNING* this story may be a bit graphic for some.

On Easter Sunday one year we had several people over for dinner. It was a beautiful day and most people were outside while the rest were inside cooking. Well the ones outside were not watching the dogs. :rolleyes: Greta got a mouse and ate it! :shock:
    As we sat down to dinner, someone said it looks like Greta has a problem. I look at her and sure enough, something was hanging out the other end. I grab some paper towels and go in for a closer look. :wideyed: So what was it you ask? It was an arm :groan:I had to grab that thing and pull it out! :sick: Talk about an appetite killer...........
    I heard that meal was really good. :sorry:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Wow x 1
  4. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

Good for her!!

Rubie has almost gotten a rabbit here and there but not sure she would know what to do if she actually got one...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. GennyB

I think she will know exactly what to do. :evilgrin:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Wow, so she grabbed the mouse, shook it, and it died and then she spit it out? Or did you have to tell her to drop it? That is really pretty cool. I would have thought it would be safe to eat a country mouse no? Like they are organic free range :spit: I mean, a city mouse could be infected with all sorts of things but even in the country?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

:rofl: NOOOO! A mouse arm?! So it passed through undigested? Dis. Gust. Ing.

Please tell me you have a picture :spit:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. GennyB

Nope, no picture. I found it too challenging to hold a camera while heaving. :green:

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. MyBuddy

She was on him in a New York Minute! :woot2: It's hard to explain how she did it, but she was kind of jumping at him with her mouth, in a quick biting motion. Reminded me of a lizard LOL Kind of a, bite and release, bite and release . She did that a couple of times and then she picked it up in her mouth. :pullhair: Yea, I yelled a little bit and told her to leave it! She was acting like she was going to start chopping on it to eat it! :eek: Country or city, I didn't want her to eat it.:sick: Yeah I don't think I could stand that LOL :bag:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Clean job of it. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. MyBuddy

Yesterday she thought she found another one but I didn't see anything. I think she was just smelling it from the day before. :)
    20180801_073515.jpg
    20180801_074049.jpg
    20180801_074136.jpg
    20180801_074037.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Start doing Barn Hunt competitions with her! :rofl::rofl:

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. MyBuddy

My little Hunter! Over the weekend my husband and I are out in the barn, busy doing chores, when I noticed Kali acting strange. She was circling and walking away but looking over her shoulder. And then she started barking. I knew something was up. So I turned on my camera as I walked into the barn to see what she found. Yeah, she's my little Hunter.:p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. MyBuddy

Everyday she can't wait to get out to the horse barn. While I feed the horses, she is busy investigating every nook and cranny. We haven't found another one yet but she's still looking.
    20180918_145911.jpg 20180918_145959.jpg 20180918_145852.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

You need to enter that girl into barn hunt. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Where there is one mouse there are
    M A N Y more. They will be nursing one litter and pregnant with another!:D

• Like Like x 1
  17. MyBuddy

Famous words from my Mother!! She would say that too! ;)

I know! :rolleyes:

We use empty grain bags for garbage in the barn. A few days ago my husband put something in the bag and a mouse jumped out! :eek: All I could think was, Dammit, I should have brought Kali out with us!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1