Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Kali and the Ultrashield Green Flea and Tick Bath Woof Pouf

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by MyBuddy, Sep 26, 2018.

1. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Well, ours arrived a couple of days ago and I thought about waiting until next spring to use. I wasn't sure if I wanted to open it and let it sit all winter. But Kali was scratching at herself a little more than I like. I did a total inspection, with a magnifying glass even, and couldn't find anything. But it made me want to bathe her. So bathe her I did!

She looks happy, doesn't she? :evilgrin:
    20180926_110802.jpg
    20180926_111157.jpg

Shake it!!
    20180926_111635.jpg

20180926_111643.jpg

Then she tried to dry herself on her bed!
    20180926_112419.jpg

20180926_112351.jpg

20180926_112304.jpg

20180926_112446.jpg

Buddy wanted to know if he was next.
    20180926_112537.jpg

I have to say, the Pouf did not have a strong odor. I thought it was barely noticeable. It didn't bother me at all. I think washing a dog with this is easy and if it keeps some bugs away, it will be well worth it. :)

"Thank you, Mommy. I feel like the Princess I am!" :angelic:
    20180926_115652.jpg
    :rolleyes: :p

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  2. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Everything looks so much easier with a small dog. So did Buddy get a bath too?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. MyBuddy

Oh, it's easier! lol Buddy did not get one. I like to give him a bath on the driveway, in the sun and where I have hot and cold water in the garage. But today is just a bit chilly for it. I think it's 63 degrees. Even with the warm water, I thought it was too cold. I could give him a bath in my walk in shower but I need to be in there with him and I didn't feel like taking a shower. :D So we'll see. If we get a little warmer day, I just might do it! He's not hard to bathe. I just can't quickly throw him in the sink like Kali! :p

• Like Like x 2
  4. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

that's what the guest bathroom here is for :D

How long is the poof stuff supposed to last for keeping fleas and ticks away? Or is supposed to be used to get rid of them if they're already present?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MyBuddy

You know I don't even know the answers to your questions! There is nothing on the package that tells you how often to use it or how long it will last. Just that it lasts for 15 uses. I'll try to check into that!

If a dog has fleas already, I doubt this will get rid of them all. Just giving it a bath in this will get rid of a lot of them and keep others away. But I doubt it will get rid of all of them. I don't know. Knock on wood, I've never had any experience with fleas!!

6. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Bless! That first pic of her in the sink is absolutely hilarious! Look at her inspecting the bag :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Plain soap and water will kill the existing fleas on them, it does not have a residual effect on fleas though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I missed this. Guess I was out of town when you posted it.

We received these as a gift and I shocked I couldn't find more info. What I did find was not real informative. I have only used the green one once and found that it did seem to get the annoying bugs like gnats and skeeters to leave the dogs alone.
    The blue ones I think I will put aside or maybe give one to my son. G seems to find all the smelly stuff like mink and skunk. I'm sure she'll put that to test soon enough. :rolleyes:

9. MyBuddy

Just soap and water? I didn't know that!