Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Jaxon’s Progress!

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Salicious, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Salicious

Salicious New Member

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to post an update as I have not been on for a little while. So Jaxon is 3 months old roughly. We are on week two of posting his ears. Today happens to fall on a rest day for him so we didn’t post him.

His ears are pretty much standing on their own but they do sag a little which is understandable considering the length of time spent posting. The reason he’s getting a rest day today is because he still has a couple little places with scabs on the base of his ear. I suppose maybe he scratched them at night or something and busted them open.

He looks absolutely adorable with his ears this way too which is an added bonus!

This is also week two of his raw diet. After some further research, we decided to stop with the chicken bones. He’s still gets chicken breast but nothing with bones. Instead, we opted to give him larger rib bones. He goes at them for days, long after he picks the meat off.

Potty training seems to be getting better also. There are days where we are just spot on and we have no accidents. But there’s certainly other days where we get the timing all wrong and he pees a couple times before we have to “reset” our watches, so to speak.

Training wise, he’s progressing very well. I’m proud to say that he’s taken to his crate fully. No accidents and NO MORE WHINING! We are finally sleeping again. He’s quiet all night until he has to pee (around 6-7am). So we take him out and back to the crate he goes until his breakfast is ready.

He knows a number of commands like come, sit, stay, down, paw, go crate. It’s facinating how easy he is to train. Once he understands what you’re asking of him, it takes two or three tries and then, BOOM! He’s got it. Leash training is a little difficult but we are working on it. He seems to get spooked real easy on walks so just kind of freezes.

Anyway, check out the pictures below and I’ll be sure to keep everyone updated!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  2. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

He's adorable! And it sounds like you have made great strides in training. He looks such a calm little guy in the pics! :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Salicious

Salicious New Member

Thank you very much. I can say that we have made strides. Crazy just comparing it to a couple weeks ago! He looks calm ... until he starts bolting from one room to the next chewing on everything in sight! He is a cuddle bug though once his energy is sapped lol

• Like Like x 4
  4. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Such a cutie! He's got a very grown up face for 3 months. So sweet!

• Like Like x 2
  5. CRDobe

CRDobe Notable member

What a cutie!
    Since you've only been posting for two weeks, I wouldn't leave them out for a whole day - clean and dry well and put time back up within an hour.
    You'll need to be posting through teething.

• Like Like x 1
  6. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

He is adorable. Glad things are progressing nicely. For being only 3 months he’s doing great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  7. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

Does he consume the ribs? Or just chew on them?

I also advise against letting them rest a day. Only 15-60 minutes tops. If you use the zip tie method you won’t have to worry about the scabs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

What a handsome little man! Keep up the good work!

9. Salicious

Salicious New Member

Interesting... we were told to keep them in for five days initially and then let them rest for two days until full healed. He’s practically fully healed so I don’t see why we couldn’t keep them in for the 5 days and then just clean and repost. I’ll let my wife know so we can continue posting! Thanks for the advice!

10. Salicious

Salicious New Member

I wanted to use the zip tie method but I’m kind of concerned that he would just end up ripping them out real quick. He plays kind of rough and fast lol.

Do you know of any good articles or videos on the zip tie method? Maybe we can try that out. Currently, by day five, he has so much wax build-up in his ears that we have to take them out, clean, and repost.

11. Antman408

Is he eating the ribs?

• Like Like x 1
  12. WiglWerm

WiglWerm Hot Topics Subscriber

Chicken bones are the only bones I am comfortable with letting my crew consume. They are a very soft bone and easily digestible. Bones should be fed covered in meat (ex chicken thighs) crunched up and cushioned on its way down the throat by the meat. Watch him closely with the rib bones, you don't want him getting excited and gulping one down. I do give my guys raw meaty bones (cow neck bones) to chew on but I watch them closely and it the bones get too small I take them away.

13. Antman408

I don’t like feeding chicken bones, they cause inflammation. I rotate duck necks, wings and feet with his meals. Just my opinion.

14. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow I can't believe how much he's grown! They ears are off to a good start and I agree that you can lose a lot of progress by not keeping them posted all the time, aside from the time it takes to change the posts and let them dry.