Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Jasper Photos- Growing Fast

Discussion in 'Doberman Pictures and Videos' started by Lizbeli, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Just love this little guy. He has his first puppy social tonight, very excited. Ears are still healing but I felt that I needed to fix his left ear which was flopped over his head. Posted his ears overnight and cleaned them this morning to see if I can get them to be a bit straighter while they heal. I think they look great. I think in a few more days I will be able to start posting. Still a little raw in some spots.

20190221_175743_HDR-1.jpg 20190226_103954_HDR.jpg 20190226_104130_HDR.jpg 20190219_104130_HDR.jpg 20190219_103644_HDR.jpg 20190221_175743_HDR-1.jpg 20190226_103954_HDR.jpg 20190226_104130_HDR.jpg 20190219_104130_HDR.jpg 20190219_103644_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 10
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 6
  2. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

He’s such a handsome pup! Let us know how his social evening goes :thumbsup2:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

So adorable. Take lots of pictures. They grow up so fast.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

So sweet and innocent looking.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dogs4Life

Dogs4Life Member

Sooo cute, good luck at the social!

• Like Like x 1
  6. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I just love his handsome little face!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Just too cute!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lizbeli

Thanks guys. Hes a little punk but I love him. Im curious how these puppy social things work. I hope they aren't going to be running on slippery floors!

9. Lizbeli

Socialization class was interesting. I expected him to be shy at first but warm up and be the crazy puppy he is. However he sat in my lap all class. There were three other dogs. A corgi, sheba, and Australian shepherd. They had to remove the sheba from the group because he was so energetic and pushy.

I am hoping that with a few more sessions my guy will gain more confidence. After all, he is only a baby and this was the first time he had close contact with dogs since I have had him. I don't know anyone near me who I know for sure had their dogs updated on shots. I don't want to take the risk this young.

• Like Like x 8
  10. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

Such a handsome fella, and you are lucky he chose to stand back to start with I think. Puppy class was pure mayhem with Jazz, who totally went nuts and would not listen at all! He will decide to meet and greet soon enough I reckon! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Oh, he's so handsome!

Interesting that his ears are standing in a couple of those pics.

Hmm. he's shy of other dogs, eh?

12. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I remember when we got our first Doberman, the breeder had me come with her to a class. When we walked in, my guy was rather shy and she told me, Ignore him! Don't cuddle him! Of course, back then I didn't totally get that. Now I do. We talk about it all the time here. Cuddling them conveys to them that they are doing the right thing by being shy. It's okay for them to be shy. But don't encourage it by petting and cooing to them. Your demeanor and attitude should be one of, this is fun!:thumbsup: he'll catch on real soon! He's a real handsome dude! Have fun with him!

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

What a sweet little guy :love:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Lizbeli

Thats because I posted his ears overnight. There is still one raw spot where tape would cover. So I cleaned them in the morning and left them alone. But atleast they are still standing today and healing upright. He has very thin ear leather I think posting will be a breeze.

I think he was ready for a nap too when we got there. Im going to be going to the class every saturday its only $10. May as well get him used to being around other dogs a bit even if he doesn't want to play with them.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Lizbeli

How is she now?

16. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I personally prefer that. I know most people want their pups to have dog friends but I'm happy if my dogs are just not reactive around other dogs. I think it makes it easier for training if they focus on me and not other dogs. It's like I'm telling my dog "i'm your fun, not your friend over there." ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

how cute!

I'm sure he was just taking it all in at puppy socialization class and will get more comfortable. I agree with @GennyB, I'd rather my pooch pay attention to me during chaos :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lizbeli

Good point. Right now its more making sure he isn't so nervous and flighty. Yesterday I took him across the street to a pond area. Saw neighbor walking her crazy husky. I could tell he was eyeing Jasper and pulling her in our direction. I just calmly turned around and went back inside. Trying to avoid negative experiences. That husky is known to be leash reactive and CRAZY.

• Like Like x 1
  19. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

Eek! STAY away from that dog at all costs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

She's got her manners now, but in a situation with many excited dogs she would still have an attention problem to start with. She is very social and interacts very well, being respectful of older dogs but still having the urge to play if there is a playful dog around. I've never had the opportunity to test her with small dogs, but I think she would learn quickly to be gentle. All good as she is still only 20months and will only get better. :)

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2