Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Jan/Feb Picture Contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by jeoestreich, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeoestreich

jeoestreich Notable member

This is going to be a bi-monthy contest. So this contest will end in the middle of Feburary. If more interest is shown in the monthy contest they will go back to being monthy. This month's contest is just enter your best picture of your pooch.

Each winner of the Dog of the Month photo contest will be featured on the Doberman-Chat.com homepage with a bio and pic of the winning dog!
    ---------------------

MONTHLY DOG PHOTO CONTEST RULES

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:
    Each member is only allowed to enter one picture per month, if you submit additional pictures, they will be promptly removed.

The dog pictured must be owned by you, if the dog is deceased, it must have died under your ownership.

All pictures submitted can be posted from your album on this site, or posted from a web based photo hosting site such as photobucket.com or FLICKR.

DO NOT POST PICTURES AS ATTACHMENTS.

If your dog wins a monthly contest the same picture can not be used again. The same dog can be entered in later contests, but it must be a different picture. Otherwise you may submit the same picture of a given dog each month until it wins.

If you post a picture that violates these rules, it will be subject to immediate removal and will require resubmission, conforming to these rules, to be included in the contest.

About Contest:

There will be an occasional contest held for the best picture of a dog owned by a member of doberman-chat.com. Submissions will be of a dog of: either sex, of any breed, of any age (puppy or adult), and posed in any way. They CAN NOT be wearing any costumes, hats, etc. with the exception of any type of service/working vests, and any type of harness. Besides those exceptions the dog can only be wearing a collar as to not conflict with our “themed” photo contest. The contest will be judged on the quality/creativity of the picture, and the overall health state and look of the dog.

Every picture that is submitted and falls within the above rules will be eligible to be voted on as a winner.
    You will have 6 weeks to submit your pictures.

A poll will be set up for the 7th week along with the top 10 pictures and voting will continue through the end of the month.

The winner will be announced the first week of the following month.

If, in a contest, there is a tie between two or more dogs, there will be a 24 hour tie-breaker voted on by members. If there is still a tie, there will be an additional 24 hour tie-breaker voted on by staff members, and if a decision still can not be made, the first available administrator will decide the winner.

Each entry should name the owner (their doberman-chat.com user name) the dog’s name and age. For example, a reply should read…

(Your username) (the Dog’s Name) (the Dog’s Age)
    VonDooms Lord Mars Blitzkrieg @ 8 mos

[paste image code here]

Comments are allowed but please to not make any comments to try to sway the voting for any particular dog/s. Those comments will be promptly removed.

Each winner of the Dog of the Month photo contest will be featured on the doberman-chat.com homepage with a bio and pic of the winning dog!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Tutorial for Posting Pictures in Contest Thread

If uploaded from the gallery copy the text from the "BB Image Code" box below your picture when viewing it in the gallery into a reply in the photo contest thread. In order to do this properly be sure to copy and paste the proper code, and to copy and paste the complete code with a reply to the photo contest thread.

If a photobucket.com is used once the photo is uploaded into your photobucket account copy and paste the “IMG Code” in the reply in the photo contest thread.

Each entry should name the owner (your doberman-chat.com user name) the dog’s name and age. For example, a reply should read…

(Your username) (the Dog’s Name) (the Dog’s Age)
    Lord Mars Blitzkrieg @ 9 mos

[paste image code here]

2. FredC

FredC Guest

VonDooms, Lord Mars Blitzkrieg, @ 1yr, Lounging
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

What the? LMAO! That's hysterical!

4. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

There's miss January from DCF's 2009 calendar... :)

5. FredC

FredC Guest

Thats Mr January 2009 ;) PS no comments allowed in this thread. id like to ask a mod to delete these posts please. ;)

6. JanS

Oops, sorry Mr Mars... :blush:

7. MomToMany

MomToMany Member

MomToMany's Riley @ 3 months

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. JanS

:doggyhug2:

Here's one fresh out of the camera of Della that I like.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Dazzled By Her Mizchief 'N' Mayhem (Emmie) Photo day after she earned her STAR @ 11 mos.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

Karma at 2.5 years. I swear this dog is the most photogenic dog I have ever seen!\

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. jeoestreich

jeoestreich Notable member

So Ingrid H has so generously agreed to sponser this contest. The prize for winning this contest is a custom made leather collar. Here is what she is offering:
    "One custom made, custom designed leather dog or cat collar by True Collars for you or a friend! Prize value limited to $120 retail sale value, maximum neck size 21".

So keep entering those pictures. ;)

12. JanS

Wow, what a prize!!!!! Thank you Ingrid! :stars:

13. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Thank you, Ingrid!!!.....
    :thinking: Man, where's that photo????....:run:

14. kpablo

kpablo Jr Member

[​IMG]

Kpablo's Louie at 17mos.

• Like Like x 2
  15. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Great picture of Louie!!! And wow great prize Ingrid!!! I really need a decent camera!!!!!!!!

16. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Yeah, come on and enter the contest!

Thanks BM! I don't think the picture quality counts for everything... You must have a picture you love!

You bet! It's going to be fun, and I hope the prize gets interest up in the DCF contests and that we get to see more great pics!

So come on people! Give us your best shot and start dreaming up ideas for your prize!

• Like Like x 3
  17. MomToMany

MomToMany Member

WHOA looks like I should've stepped up my game! :eek: LOL

18. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Seems to me like MTM should be allowed a new entry since the contest changed after she entered...

19. MomToMany

MomToMany Member

Aah, no biggie.. I don't have any that would measure up anyway. I'm too lazy to bring out my real camera, and I'm not that great of a photographer anyway! :D These are gorgeous and I'm enjoying just looking through them! :)

20. JanS

Why are you fretting MTM, you have a great shot! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.