• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Is this common in dobermans? Lump on neck

Vallebecky21

Novitiate
My 2 year and 4 month old female doberman has this lump on her neck that has grown rather quickly. She had a fine needle aspiration done at her vet. Results show not cancerous. I was told to monitor it but they recommended it be removed if it is growing quickly. Anyone else have this issue with their dobie? She's had this lump for almost 2 weeks. She has had several other lumps in same area but those seem to have disappeared.

Attachments

• 20220918_213631.jpg
    20220918_213631.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220918_174118.jpg
    20220918_174118.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220918_174056.jpg
    20220918_174056.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 18
So did the Vet say it was a lipoma? If so they are pretty common in dobermans. Well common in any breed really.
Hi @GennyB That is what I am losing my mind about. The vet is telling me the only way to find out what the lump is , is by having it removed and sent to the lab. She could not give me an answer as to what it is or what's causing it. Do these, Lipomas, tend to go away on their own?

Last edited by a moderator:
If its not protruding or obvious, and it isn't cancerous, I'd leave it alone. I can't really see it from the pics, to be honest.

A couple of mine have had Lipomas. In my experience they don’t go away by themselves & we’ve had them removed.

I’ve not seen them in that young of a dog.

Rocky has several and is almost 11 now.
That’s a hard thing to think about in itself😳

Anyhow, I’m not a veterinarian.
My local vet took a sample of several of his without removal and had it sent in and analyzed to confirm a benign fatty cyst.

I’m not saying my vet is right or yours is wrong or vice versa.

I think I’d ask the opinion of a second vet to gain perspective here.

And
Welcome to Doberman Chat!
I notice you are fairly local to me considering the world wide members here.
It may not be the cheapest option for you, but you are not far from the vet in Yorba Linda that handles all the LE K9 in the area.
It might be worth that trip up the 55 to 91 and have that second opinion there.

Best of luck and please keep us informed.

Hi, I've just joined up today to find out about my 15 month old bitch's lumps. She's having a biopsy on Tuesday. Our vet has no clue what they are. They are like tiny peas in her skin. We noticed them in July when she jumped onto a hay bale (they're under her chin).The first vet we saw called them papules and gave us antibiotics for them. They didn't go away and a couple sort of came through her fur. Took her back and got given antibiotic steroid cream which improved it very slightly(or was it our imagination?) but caused localised hair loss. Doesn't seem to bother Florence at all.
Any ideas? Is this the same sort of lump your dog has/ had?
Thanks,
Kate

Back