Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Is my doberman puppy underweight?

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Scarletlynn, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Scarletlynn

Scarletlynn New Member

I got a female dobie recently, she will be 10 weeks old next Tuesday. She weighed in 12 pounds at the vet and they didn’t say anything. Does this sound normal or underweight? She eats a lot so that’s not a problem. What are your thoughts? I’m new to owning a Doberman.

2. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

That sounds kind of little (to me). If she's smaller in stature, she'll obviously weigh less.
    Example: My last litter at 8 wks ranged from 12.7 to 19.7 lbs

Can you post a picture of her?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scarletlynn

Scarletlynn New Member

Attached Files:

4. Scarletlynn

Scarletlynn New Member

Here are some photos! She doesn’t look super skinny just is light in weight. Does she look small?

5. Diane Law

Diane Law Hot Topics Subscriber

Cute pup...so peaceful....you will probably have more visits with the vet upcoming resulting in more weigh in’s .....just encourage doc to express an opinion.

6. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

She doesn't look skinny at all and she doesn't really look small. Looks like an average 10 wk old puppy! SOOOOO CUTE!!

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

8. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I think she looks just fine. I never worry about pups as along as they are eating, playing and otherwise acting normal. Puppies grow in such leaps and bounds that what might skinny today, is the fat cat tomorrow. It's not unheard of for the runt of the litter to turn out to be the biggest of the bunch.