Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Is it just me orrrr....

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Cscallan, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Cscallan

Cscallan Notable member

so this is from a local Doberman Facebook page. The poster asked what to do to get a 4mo old puppy to sleep through the night :facepalm:. I mean this guy posts multiple times a day with questions he should’ve already did research on before getting a puppy and with the stuff that he posts I have to assume it’s his first puppy ever. Anyways this is one of the comments.... last one.
    B9D1D709-25D3-4F08-960D-AB97054F05F5.png
    I reaaaaalllly hope Roxanne maybe thought this was for a parent group, but even then I would not give a 4mo old baby a melatonin supplement. I know I haven’t been on much but if anyone can recall, I have an autistic son. Who I give melatonin. Every. Night. Not against the stuff but this is the kind of :poop: that makes me a billion times grateful for this site and community because the local group for the most part are uneducated dog/Doberman owners/BYB. :pullhair:

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Forget Roxanne, I’m looking at Brandi’s post - a 2 year old who wakes up 3x overnight?! :wtf: And Danielle who says they wake up for love? If Kaiser ever woke me up for love he’d have another thing coming lol.

I have so wanted to complain about FB Doberman groups! I hear a lot of crazy :poop: from my local group and the bigger (global?) group, so I’m pretty checked out. I don’t consider myself a Doberman expert by any stretch of the imagination but some of the posts I’ve seen are just...stupid. Like someone playing ball with their puppy jumping up and down on the driveway (meanwhile they have plenty of grass on either side of the driveway), and one person finally comments about going easy on the joints, and the owner says, “I’ve never heard of that before”. Um, ok. I think the doggy side of FB is just like the ppl side of it, it’s really about seeing the pics, not getting informed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Cscallan

Cscallan Notable member

Lol! Oh I completely agree! Nope, nope and nope to them all! I also don’t call my self a Doberman expert but I certainly feel like an informed Doberman owner from this forum. I recommend to these people all the time to check it out, ask questions here, and tell them the wealth of experience and knowledge they can learn from just reading. Ugh. After everything I’ve gained from this site, it’s so hard to not judge these folks and want to shake them sometimes. Basically a group of “what I’ve learned not to do” people. Constantly posts for BYB looking for studs, dozens of z factor dogs being offered, giants.... idk. I’m truly exhausted from a hectic weekend but this melatonin thing has me scratching my head. I have never heard of such a thing for a dog.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cscallan

Cscallan Notable member

Roxanne is a back yard breeder :eeeeek::drama:

5. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

I've seen a few people that seem to be BYB as well. They have found the path of least resistance on FB and it's just so unfortunate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dawg 1419

Dawg 1419 New Member

FB. Who the hell has time for that chit.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
  7. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I wouldn't give just any melatonin to a dog. Should be melatonin only because many brands add coloring and other additives that can be toxic to dogs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

I tuned out of Facebook years ago. Mostly because of all the idiots.

Now if I want to see interesting videos or articles (which Facebook occasionally would post) I go on Pinterest. All the good stuff and none of the flack!

• Like Like x 1
  9. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I’ve nevee heard of giving melatonin to an animal lol I take sometimes but I would never give it my dogs! I don’t care how many times I have to get I wouldn’t ! Ares was a freaking brat with crate training till six months old and I really can’t believe I read that !
    Why do people get working dogs and not want to work with them ?
    Shoot it was raining this morning and guess what I was doing lol training.
    I understand it’s a puppy but shoot wear it out the old fashion way, training, playing, eating lol like anything eat, sleep, play, poop and repeat lol
    It’s not rocket science.... gah idiots.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I completely agree. If you want to play? you have to pay.

Just always thought that in order to have the most regal, handsome, formidable dog out there....there is a price you have to pay. Nothing great is easy to acquire or maintain- simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Exactly!
    And, FB would cut into my DCF time, so, just no!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 1