1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Introducing Sammmy booo

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by AresMyDobie, Nov 1, 2015.

1. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

So far so good she come a long way with it. I can see she's is trying but instincts are hard to fight. She didn't do anything yesterday toward deeg and even walked next to him :) she improving day by day and is a fast learner :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Well, it's been a week since you were saying you were going to rehome her, so things must be improving in that week! :thumbsup: I hope it continues! :fingersx:

3. AresMyDobie

They certainly have :) she's been very good but still isn't trusted off lead yet I don't think that will happen for a month but they will never be left alone together.

• Like Like x 4
  4. AresMyDobie

Lol looking back at this thread I'm so glad I gave her a second chance and really started working with her. Her and Deegan are pals now :) they even snuggle up together. Ares adores her and they have a great relationship. I could never imagine not having her, she's become such a great dog. Very proud of her accomplishments and how far she has come :) I shouldn't have doubted her. She no longer barks, lunges, snarls, growls or intensely looks at other dog while we pass them on walks, she knows how to walk properly on leash, she can eat with the other two now and doesn't get food aggressive or possessive, she has stopped resource guarding, the chasing cat thing has drastically improved, although she still slips up its not constant, she will let people in the house now, she follows commands, and we just love her lol little boo girl ! She's finally 70 pounds and doesn't look like that pitiful pound dog anymore :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

You've done and amazing job with her Amanda and thank you for sharing the journey so far! I can't wait to hear more about how she progresses.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. WiglWerm

WiglWerm Hot Topics Subscriber

Ruby likes to chase and harass my Yorkie, Jack, not aggressive in any way but to put it bluntly...HE HATES HER. She walks up to him and his lip goes up, she will ignore this and lick his ears, nose poke him and just straight up aggravate!! He will then lose his Sh$t and bite at her. This does not faze her. She will "club" him with her huge puppy paw. She has gotten better and I hope she grows out of this torment my "little" brother phase, but I would love for them to cuddle together...wishful thinking?

7. AresMyDobie

Ares and Deegan started out very much the same way. I stepped in a lot and made it known to mister puppy that is not allowed with Deegan. I would distract puppy and wear him out and then he could be around Deegan, any lip action or snapping from Deegan was strictly not allowed. With doing this they respected me and each other. I didn't let things escalate between the two of them. They do play but Ares has to lay down to play and they can face wrestle, don't want the big goon stepping on the little guy or anything like, after a couple of months of sticking with it they got really close :)

• Like Like x 1