1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Introducing : Pacino!!! 15 Years Old!!

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by DLS, Jul 1, 2010.

1. DLS

DLS Notable member

Pacino!
    Status
    Needs A Home!
    Sex
    Male
    Color
    Blk/Tan
    Date Listed
    11/14/09
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rescue Group: [/FONT]Second Chance DobesPrimary Contact

Sarah Runyan
    doberpagegirl@secondchancedobes.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Meet Pacino! He's like a Timex watch!! "Takes a Lickin' and Keeps On Tickin'!!"
    He's just waiting to make your heart beat faster with his sugar!!
    Check out Mr. Pacino! This 15 year-old dober gent is proof that "15 is the new 10". Pacino is the sweetest dog you could ever hope to meet. He loves all people and gets along well with all his canine roommates. He prefers to spend most of his day napping but he can still run around like a wild boy once in a while. Pacino is almost blind but he knows his way around his foster home and navigates quite well. He likes to stick close to the house and to his foster mom's voice incase there is any affection coming his way but is content to curl up in his Kuranda bed if she's busy. Pacino is just happy to be loved. ​
    Special Needs if any: Almost blind. Joint supplement.
    Geographic areas: MI, IN, OH, IL, and some regions of Canada

Contact Information:
    Phone: 989-792-3772
    Email: doberpagegirl@secondchancedobes.com

[​IMG]
    The Sponsor A Senior program helps Seniors by raising funds for their rescue programs. This helps offset some of the additional costs that come with caring for a senior (diet, medications, supplements, etc.). Please read more about this program on the Sponsor A Senior page.​

Mr. Pacino is looking for a sponsor! The cost to sponsor a Senior Dobe is $30 per month or $360 per year. You can sponsor a Senior for one month, one year, or somewhere in between. To sponsor Sheba, use the PayPal button or visit the Sponsor A Senior page for instructions on sending a check. Thank you for any help you can give, it is MUCH appreciated!​

• Like Like x 5
  2. Sandiino1

Sandiino1 Member

What is wrong with people who would get rid of a dog you've had for 15 yrs.????,

• Like Like x 1
  3. Damasyn

Damasyn Novitiate

:wub::sad0049:He is sooo beautiful.

I just get sooo flabbergasted. I mean yes there are some reasons people have to give up dogs, but for the most part, dogs and cats seem to be just "throw aways". And I will second what Sandio said...How could you throw away a life you had for 15 G(*& DAMN YEARS !!! That would be like kicking your grandmother out to live on the streets.

Grrrrrr Son of a Gun...If I lived closer that dog would be mine. I love his little face...wanna smoosh it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

* just shakes her head*
    i never will get people like that 15 years of loving companion and then just kicked out, because he got old. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Like Like x 2
  5. MeadowCat

MeadowCat Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too. I can at least understand how people get to a place where they need to rehome a young dog. They are a lot of work and many people don't know what they are getting into with a puppy. But rehoming a senior animal just blows my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michele

Michele Jr Member

Humans are cruel and mean. That's what's wrong with them...may they get kicked to the curb when they get old and crickety....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

Amen to everything everyone said. It is heart breaking. He gave his all and look what he got - sometimes I hate humans.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TrinityDobes

TrinityDobes Novitiate

while the rest of us are praying for at least 10 years with our fur kids here is someone who was blessed with 15 years, and his reward for that many years devotion is to end up in rescue - If I was closer I would take him myself, what a sin to not revere this treasure, and thank god for the rescue that pulled this old boy so he could know love and tenderness in his remaining days

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

We assume the worst about his owners but how do we know that's the case? Does anyone know the story of how he ended up there?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sisko

Sisko Novitiate

We adopted a senior dog once and it was because his 80+ year old owner had died.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Anunukai

Anunukai Member

If mine would live that long.....I'd be really happy ! Such a handsome old man! Best of luck to you Pacino !!! Hope you soon get a home to call your own!:wub:

12. eaa628

eaa628 Novitiate

please tell me someone took this good old boy?

13. Deb

Deb Notable member

Could be an owner is sick or old in a nursing home devastated they can't take their precious loved one of 15 years with them. Now that's cruel.
    Still could be the other way too.

Deb