1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

In Memoriam - Icarus di Altobello

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by FredC, Jan 23, 2012.

1. FredC

FredC Guest

icarus.jpg
    From the planet Earth has gone a star that shines in the sky now.
    Like a painting full of color,
    like a song full of notes,
    like a poem is full of lyrics,
    like the wine is full of taste,
    so are You with your beautiful sons and daughters gave color, notes, poetry and taste to Dobermans.
    Dearest friend Icarus, thank you for amazing 9 years.
    Family and Friends

Source
    ------------------------------
    Our condolences Dejan, from Kennel Von Doom
    RIP Icarus

• Like Like x 11
  2. DreamValley

DreamValley Well-Known Member

Another dog from Gino's pedigree... another grandfather.... another 9 amazing years... and great memories.

RIP handsome Icarus. You left a great print in the Doberman world.

• Like Like x 3
  3. leatha

leatha Jr Member

So sorry to hear you have lost a beloved friend.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DreamValley

DreamValley Well-Known Member

That's not Von's dog. Icarus was very famous and successful dog in Europe and left many offsprings.

• Like Like x 2
  5. FredC

FredC Guest

• Like Like x 11
  6. Max Hawk

Max Hawk Hot Topics Subscriber

My word I wish they would live longer than 9 it seems to be the average lifespam and it's just to darn short! He was a beautiful guy ....run free big fella!:sorrow:

• Like Like x 4
  7. leatha

leatha Jr Member

I was lucky to have a female, American bred, live to be 14. My vet had her sister and she made it to 14 1/2.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Max Hawk

That's wonderful if only that was the norm and not the exception for sure! I feel this so much my Max will be nine in March!

• Like Like x 2
  9. leatha

leatha Jr Member

I had a male before her and he died from cardio at 9. He was a special boy. My first dobie and one to show me how their protection instincts kick in without training. Then I had another female that lived until 10.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Max Hawk

Well my first doberman lived to 3 1/2 he died of an auto- immune disease! Max is doing ok at almost 9 but he has had one knee operation and needs another sigh..Jury is still out if we are going to go ahead because of his age! Jake is just a little over a year and my first Euro dobe so the jury is still out on how he'll do I hope better than the others. I love em all too much and it's such a heartbreak to lose em. Everything else is so awesome they train so easily and they are so velcro and wonderful.. to me this is the only big drawback about the breed but I will have no other; after having different dogs these dobers have won my heart, hook, line and sinker so I'm in it for the long haul!:confused:I'm just a big sap where these dobes are concerned:bag:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm sorry to hear of his loss. Another handsome boy lost. 9 years is great but never long enough.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

RIP Icarus - According to the DPCA web site the average age of males is 9.4 years and females 9.6. So when you get one that lives beyond 10 you are very lucky if you get past 12 your a truly blessed. It does not matter when we loose them it always leaves a big hole. Dobermans RULE!!!

• Like Like x 6
  13. StarlightDobe

StarlightDobe Hot Topics Subscriber

RIP Icarus, he sure was a handsome fella, and seems to have left quite a legacy behind as well. It is never long enough no matter how long they live, it would be so amazing if they could spend our lifetime with us.

• Like Like x 4
  14. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Another beauty gone - but he left a legacy.

Run free Icarus. :sorrow:

• Like Like x 4
  15. Max Hawk

:confused:
    For sure a big hole indeed! WoW I was close, just from watching over time I guessed that 9 years was about all we could expect and every year after a true gift!They are such great guys..The brightest stars burn out the quickest but they are so awesome and beautiful while they are with us. I feel truly blessed to have had my Max for almost 8years now..to date he has been the greatest dog I've ever had ..even his vet calls him the perfect doberman lol.. I think over the years she has come to care for him almost as much as I do..She is a great vet by the way it's so great to have a good one!
    All that being said clearance puppy just jumped up in my lap with muddy paws and a horribly muddy nose geez!! There ya go the joys and sorrows of owning the most wonderful breed of dogs on the planet ...er be right back after I change my clothes lol:confused:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

I can tell you from personal experience it is much harder when you have stood ont he end of a lead of a dog like this. Showing/trialing just lifts the bond to a higher level and everytime I pick up the lead to go into the field and work or show my heart burst with tremendous pride at what my guys have accomplished.

I can just imagine from watching the video how lost he feels when you loose one htat has accomplished so much and left such an outstanding mark on the future of our breed. There is no greater love than that of a parent for their child and that applies to breeders and the dogs they have bred and handled.

• Like Like x 5
  17. iceman

iceman Active Member

Icarus (sire of Maxim) was one of my favorite males around...he will be greatly missed...
    He spent his last years in Denmark living a good life he deserved.................may he R.I.P.

• Like Like x 2
  18. pawpads

pawpads Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

This is a great male from Falkor's pedigree. He was a truly beautiful boy! RIP!:sorrow:

19. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

What a handsome, handsome dog. RIP big guy.:sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  20. My Mateese

My Mateese Notable member

What an amazing beauty.............

RUN FREE SWEET BEAUTIFUL BOY.......RUN FREE. AS FAST AS YOU
    CAN