1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

In Ireland, looking for NA style Doberman

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by Keane112233, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Keane112233

Keane112233 Novitiate

Hi there

I’m living in Ireland . I’m looking to get an American Doberman puppy. I prefer them to the European Dobermann. Can anyone advise me on breeders anywhere with only American Doberman’s being bred.

thanks

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That’s a good question. I don’t think I have heard of someone outside the U.S looking for an American Doberman. Most of all the folks want a Euro.

My Doberman is North American and comes from Horizon Dobermans out of Richmond, Texas.

2A0D3ECA-D1EC-4B86-87D6-0A9BDC3D81BA.png

03D32110-6B99-4A1E-8D50-AA8BEAE58736.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
    • Wow x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Keane112233

Keane112233 Novitiate

Thanks

I tried to look for the breeder, but the don’t have a website, Facebook or Instagram.

I will just keep looking and asking I guess...

thanks

Owen

4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Is this it?

Horizon Dobermans - Puppies For Sale

5. Ddski5

Yes, that is her information on the AKC website but when you click on the Internet link it looks as if it sends to the wrong website.

That is not her website. Her website has their Doberman history, as well as pup/Dam/Sire pictures. I wonder if it has been hacked to direct to another site? No way she would name her pups Axel, Blitz, Vanessa, I promise you that. She gave me hell about naming mine Ragnar, lol.

Sending a text to her to see...

6. Ddski5

Yeah, the HorizonDoberman.com website has been hijacked. That is not her stuff or pups. Shame because she did have a cool website that explained her story and her Dobermans.

This is her email linda@horizondobermans.com.

I am not sure she has the ability to export though, she is old school and very busy.

The information on the AKC website looks to be accurate.

7. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Check out the breeder referral on DPCA.org Not sure about NA breeders importing out of country but it doesnt hurt to ask!

8. Keane112233

Keane112233 Novitiate

I would be travelling to the US to bring the puppy home with me...

I think that may have been her website, but due to inactivity the website shuts down and you see a similar page as to what’s been shown.

Thanks anyway, I will keep searching and researching

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rodyboy

Rodyboy Jr Member

:ntmy:Welcome from Ohio in the US. There is a breeder in Millersburg, Ohio called Black Diamond Dobermans. As far as I know he has both, Euro and American and has a website.

10. Snoops

Snoops Member

Out of interest why do you want a NA Dobie?
    Is it because of their looks, temperament etc?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  11. Keane112233

Keane112233 Novitiate

RodyBoy - Thank You, I checked the Black diamond website and he has puppies available, they also ship worldwide. The prices seem very cheap also, $1200 for each puppy. I will do a bit more research on them....

Snoops - Yeah it’s a bit of everything, Looks, Temperament, Size. I was in Salt Lake City on work last month and that’s where I first came across the American Version. Sadly I didn’t take any details from the puppies owner, but I just couldn’t believe how friendly and beautiful a dog it was.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Rodyboy

Rodyboy Jr Member

Wow Keane I am so glad. Both hubby and I are of Irish descent and have a friend in Ireland, off subject. Matt is a really good breeder. Hope things work out for you wherever you find one. He does have beautiful dogs. Also there used to be Prancing Pony Farm in Colorado. Don't know if they are still there or if they have a website:scratch:.

13. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

It's definitely a good idea to do a lot more research since both shipping worldwide and the low price tag can be a red flag.

• Agree Agree x 1