Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Important announcement....

Discussion in 'Doberman Chat Announcements' started by JanS, Jun 13, 2011.

1. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Many of you may or may not know that I've been half owner of Doberman-Chat for quite some time now, and the time has come where Von has decided he wants to go a totally different direction (and it's been in the works for quite some time), so I have bought out his half too.

Our goals won’t change and our main focus is still about the most important thing – Doberman’s. I really hope that all members – old and new will stick around and that we can get back on track to talk about our favorite thing – the dogs.

Granted a lot has gone on in the past couple of days, and I have left those threads out there and open so everyone had a chance to read them and voice their opinions whether it’s good or bad, but they aren’t being productive anymore and I believe everyone who has wanted to has already been able to weigh in, so I will be removing them today and hopefully we can get a fresh start and go back to enjoying this great community and all it has to offer. It’s you guys who make the place what it is and we are very fortunate to have such a great group of people under one roof. :ty:

As for the members who are still having trouble logging in, I will continue to try to find the problem until I do figure it out, and hopefully find the core of the problem so it won’t happen again in the future.

Fred/Von I want to thank you for all of your countless hours of behind the scenes (and often thankless) work you've done over the years, and of course for just giving everyone a forum like this where people feel comfortable being themselves and talking dogs.

I will always have nothing but the greatest respect for you and really wish you luck in your next endeavor, where ever that takes you. :ty:

• Like Like x 16
  2. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    But not really a big surprise ;)
    :fingersx: Good luck Jan :goodluck:

• Like Like x 10
  3. bhr

bhr Novitiate

:goodluck:

• Like Like x 8
  4. Dobieone

Dobieone Notable member

Best of luck Jan! :)

• Like Like x 6
  5. Katja Henriksen

Katja Henriksen Forum Sponsor Site Sponsor

Congratualtions Jan. I hope all the BS that has been going on the last couple of days will stop now, and that we can go back to the wonderful atmosphere and good vibe we have always had. :martini:

:congrats:

• Like Like x 9
  6. DoberLynz

DoberLynz Novitiate

congratualtions Jan

Please can you tell us if there is any differences you are going to bring into the forum/

• Like Like x 8
  7. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

Congrats Jan and good luck.

• Like Like x 7
  8. swillia2

swillia2 Hot Topics Subscriber

Yay !! Thank god for that I've only been using tapatalk a week ... But thanks for a great site and fabulous photos and information . I will look forward to many more posts from new and old . It's a great site and very informative and I've owned dobes for 25 years now so a big congratulations and I wish you well  from sharon and Ellie may xx ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307995772.225121.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 11
  9. Nupe

Nupe Notable member

:congrats:

• Like Like x 8
  10. JanS

Thanks for the support everyone!
    Like I said, the goal will always remain the same and that's to have a nice comfortable atmosphere to enjoy and discuss all things Doberman.

And of course if anyone has any suggestions on things you'd like to see or do, just post them up and we're happy to take a look at it. :)

• Like Like x 9
  11. JanS

Oh and what a sweet pic Sharon and Ella! :wub:

• Like Like x 4
  12. Debbie

Debbie Jr Member

[​IMG] Congratulations Jan, I wish you the best with the forum !!

I also wish Von/Fred the very best of luck wherever his new endeavors take him.

• Like Like x 9
  13. evasmom

evasmom Novitiate

Where will Von go just out of curiosity?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sandiino1

Sandiino1 Member

Congrats Jan!!!!!

• Like Like x 6
  15. 4Dobies

4Dobies Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

:congrats: I'm hoping some of our veteran members who have left will return, this really is a wonderfull place!

• Like Like x 6
  16. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

Congrats Jan. I hope Fred is able to relax and focus on other things.

• Like Like x 6
  17. JanS

I honestly don't know for sure, but I believe it will be doing something that he's always loved like graphics. :)

• Like Like x 5
  18. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

:congrats:and:goodluck:Jan! This news is quite a suprise to me but a pleasant one.
    :goodluck: to Fred too, and thank you Fred for all the sleepless nights you've had working the bugs out of the foum software and keeping it up and running for all of us to enjoy. Don't be a stranger!

• Like Like x 6
  19. Sisko

Sisko Novitiate

You know it is not BS for people to have thoughts and opinions and it is not BS to disagree, That is a part of life and cannot, should not be swept under a rug.

• Like Like x 5
  20. JanS

Nothing has been or will be swept under the rug, which is why I kept those threads open for a couple of days to make sure everyone had the time to read them and voice their opinions, which I think we can all fairly say they did. If we all had the same opinion all the time the world would be a pretty boring place. ;)

• Like Like x 7