Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

I'm baaaaack!!!

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Fidsandfrats, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Fidsandfrats

Fidsandfrats Member

Hello Everyone!!!!

It's been a long time since my last post. I mentioned in the "introduce yourself" tab I couldn't remember my password and after trying to reset it and having no luck for months I thought to try re-registering under a different login name (formerly dogsbestfriend) and it worked!!!! So glad to be back!!!!

Zeke will be 1 year on October 1st! Can you believe it???? He is such a handsome boy and SOOOOO very sweet. He is so much fun.

I'm curious when they stop growing? I had to take measurements for a coat I am having made for him and want to know how much room to leave to allow for growth (chest area). Currently his chest measures 30.5". Also, he has been neutered. Will neutering play a part in his growth specifically his chest?

Barking. Not a big barker. He will bark if he hears a dog on the TV or outside but when inside if the doorbell rings or if someone knocks he won't bark and I'd like him to. Will this come in time?

Here are a few pictures and a video of Zeke.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  2. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Member

Can't help you with your questions, but your pup looks great!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Welcome back! @Fidsandfrats

If you want your original login I can reset your password for you or I can merge your accounts so your post history appears under this one. I haven't personally seen any messages but they might go directly to @JanS email. Send me a PM and we can get it fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. Rodyboy

Rodyboy Jr Member

Welcome back. Buddy grew after a year. I would say 18 month point. Then after that they bulk up even though they have been neutered. They just muscle up, with exercise and your boy has beautiful development. I just love to watch them, aren't they just poetry in motion?

5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I just said it in the welcome forum, but I didn't get a single notification about it either so I had no idea. I'll have to check to see what's going on there. :scratch:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  6. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Considering he’s neutered before one year, I’d leave at least an inch much and a half as potential growth.
    Rocky didn’t stop growing till after 2 years old.

7. Fidsandfrats

Fidsandfrats Member

If you can merge them that wou
    Hi Jan!! Combining them would be great but I haven't a clue on how to send you a PM daah LOL Thanks

8. Fidsandfrats

Fidsandfrats Member

Hi! He sure did!!! He's so awesome. Just love him!!! Such a good boy! Oh for sure poetry in motion!! So elegant! Thank you:)

9. Fidsandfrats

Fidsandfrats Member

Ok great! That's what I figured. Thanks for confirming:)