1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

if it aint one thing....its another

Discussion in 'Doberman Nutritional Care' started by zoorox, Mar 24, 2009.

1. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

ok so this morning my husband got rox out of her crate. let her out to potty....she came inside and ate a whole bowl of food......then promptly puked it at his feet. I get up at 5am and she pukes again.....this time out came a good 3 inch stick.

since then she is still puking......but only bile.

called the vet and she has like 10 surgeries this morning.......but is going to have rox come in for a x-ray at 9am........gezzzzzzzzzzz!!!!

2. linx_linx

linx_linx New Member

wow sorry to hear that good luck i hope for you it's nothing to bad...

3. MLR

MLR Novitiate

Gosh Zoo, hope everythings alright. How's Zeus doing????

4. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

zoo seems better :)

5. Dobejazz

Dobejazz Novitiate

I hope she doesn't have a blockage
    prayers for you and Rox it's nothing serious

6. Silent

Silent Novitiate

I hope she threw it all up and doesn't need surgery. Blockages are very high on my fear list since dobe pups seem to eat things they shouldn't more than any other breed I have ever had. Sometimes it feels like I have a termite pup!

7. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

oh my Zoorox, I hope that Roxie is ok and that the x-ray shows she threw it all up. Kepp us posted.

8. deladobies

deladobies Member

any updates??

9. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

so so sorry I eats the stick mom

[​IMG]

do you forgive me?

[​IMG]

oooooooooo I dont feel well

[​IMG]

x-rays show air pockets in her intestines.....stomach is empty. but vet said she really cant tell if it has anymore sticks. she gave us special food and some anti puke meds. if she is still puking tomorrow we go back for blood work and more checking

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

miss rox is now 45 pounds at 4mo little hog!

10. MLR

MLR Novitiate

It figures it would be sticks. She's teething and you know how that is. Once I mistakenly gave my guys some rib tip bones left over from a dinner out and they both threw those up the next morning. But at least I could see what it was. I haven't ever given them those kind of bones since then. Dobe stomachs are not cast iron no matter how ferocious they look. Give all you babies a hug from me Zoo.

11. Michele

Michele Jr Member

I hope the dog feels better soon:)

12. DobieLvr

DobieLvr Novitiate

That is just too scary Zoo! I've had people tell me their Dobe's eat socks, sticks, leashes (this last one confused me - it was while the woman was actually "walking" the dog?) I hope she's okay...

13. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Oh man, how scary. I hope things are looking better now!!

14. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

so far so good with rox.........no puking and she ate a half a can of the vet food at 3pm

15. MLR

MLR Novitiate

Whew. What a relief. Is she home now? Give her a hug from my guys and me please.:)

16. DobieLvr

DobieLvr Novitiate

Keep us posted Zoo...

17. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

gawd. least she seems clear for now

18. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

I', glad she is eating. Keep us posted

19. DoberDon

DoberDon Hot Topics Subscriber

Hope Roxie's doing better!! I'd think eating's gotta be a good sign!!

20. burlysoldier

burlysoldier Member

Likewise from me Zoorox! Hope she feels better! Even when she is sick she is still one of the most beautiful puppies I've ever seen.