• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

I need help.

Ozzysmom

Novitiate
My dog bit my husband. Attacked him for no reason that I could see. He was putting flea and to I meds on him. He is hurt and angry. He wants to have him killed. My dog is a sweet baby I can't understand what happened. Please I need help.

Oh Little Oji

Formerly Tad
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
This is a tough situation, obviously. I've dealt with something like this.

It's going to take figuring out as best you can what caused this to happen. Has your dog (I assume Doberman, but it's fine if it's not) ever shown aggression toward your husband or others without reason before?

There are many reasons this could happen, and not many of them warrant euthanizing the dog. What's the dog's training been like? Does your dog get handled consistently by the family? Do you allow your dog on the furniture?

Is the dog possibly experiencing some physical pain that you don't know about?

Was your husband leaning over your dog?

Is your dog used to having things done to him, or did this freak your dog out?

If you can afford to, I'd seek the advice of a behaviorist – preferably one who knows Dobermans. I know that many people can't afford this though.

In the meantime, try not to duplicate situations like what triggered your dog. Yes, we want our dogs to never bite us, but many things can cause it to happen. My current Dobe has bitten me significantly on two occasions and I have a slight scar/permanent swelling on my face to show for it. Yet we trust him around our children (with supervision). This is because I recognize what led to him biting me.

But be careful, and protect yourselves.

Horsehat

To the above I could only add, take him to the vet. Medical problems can sometimes result in aggressive behaviors being exhibited. The dog may be in pain or have another problem that caused this. Good luck.

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
Agreeing with the above suggestions. A lot more details would help understand what happened. Also is he a young dog or older. More than anything, if not a medical issue, training is the answer. @Doberman Gang is in the KC area I believe and could probably help you evaluate your dog.

Gelcoater

Expert ThreadCrapper
$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
To the above I could only add, take him to the vet. Medical problems can sometimes result in aggressive behaviors being exhibited. The dog may be in pain or have another problem that caused this. Good luck.
Plus One!!