I haven’t posted in a while!

Curing

I’ve been so busy that I’ve honestly forgotten to post any update on us and our progress.

it’s been a little over a year since I got Drac and WOAH he’s not even the same dog.

we’re currently preparing to trial in December for our BH down in Arkansas and have started attending the club down there in preparation.
Obedience is going smoothly and he still impresses me everyday.

This dog is honestly SERIOUS. He’s been excelling (to my standards) in all 3 phases and his confidence is almost back 100%. Some days I can’t even believe how lucky I was to get such a phenomenal dog.

here’s some pictures of this weekend and today and I’ll post a short clip once I upload it, of his heeling progress.
742F4F82-6217-4A88-BA99-5F0676E3459A.jpeg B1D4944F-4BD3-4ACE-9B5A-E8FB91D9E53E.jpeg FC57E6A2-9125-4DDB-ABD3-9FC6C6CC6CC9.jpeg 581A7DA5-6DD7-48C8-B497-846A6222A5D1.jpeg 62DD049C-2145-47FC-8552-F918B6D5A159.jpeg B74953B9-367E-4005-AB68-EEB0FB4096BC.jpeg

super short clip of us just fooling around with some fun heeling.

I taught him how to back up and side step that day after watching someone else do it lol.

I did ask him to platz at the end, so he wasn’t just being lazy and laying down :tearsofjoy:

This all looks so awesome! Already going for your BH?! That’s impressive. You must be so proud of how far he has come!

Im extremely proud! He impresses me more and more every day with how fast he learns, it makes training so easy honestly!

hoping our application goes through in time for the trial, but if not we’ll either wait until March or find trial around the same time. But fingers crossed we can make it happen, cause we’re definitely ready!

If I am remembering rightly wasn't Dracul the dog that people were telling you had lost his nerve and wouldn't amount to anything? You have well and truly proved them wrong! He's looking brilliant and I hope you post lots more of his progress. :thumbsup:

If I am remembering rightly wasn't Dracul the dog that people were telling you had lost his nerve and wouldn't amount to anything? You have well and truly proved them wrong! He's looking brilliant and I hope you post lots more of his progress. :thumbsup:

You are correct! Last year I honestly didn’t even know if we’d ever compete, let alone if he even had the nerves to do bitework.

Now he’s a completely different dog, and I’m finally seeing his genetics come out in bitework too. This last session you could hear how hard he hit the handler and there was absolutely no fear in that dog. It made me feel so proud and happy to finally see him confident and come alive.

I wasn’t able to!
But have plans to go work with Joeri Veth in St.Louis weekend of the 22nd!

also just started working with Larry Kye!
Linda was there with a couple other Doberman people that train with them, just wondered if it was you. Joeri is great, you will like him, have fun.

Linda was there with a couple other Doberman people that train with them, just wondered if it was you. Joeri is great, you will like him, have fun.
Oh I gotcha! yeah not me, but I wish!
And yes I'm excited, I think it's gonna be a really beneficial for both of us, plus im always excited to train with someone and somewhere new!

Stop by we will be there all day Saturday starting with Tracking at 9:00am, obedience at 11:00 am and protection around 2:00 pm.

I think I could make that work! How long does your protection usually go for?
I could definitely come for tracking and obedience Saturday and then possibly stay for protection as well, just have an event later that night so I’d have to get back for that.

And then I’d be free fully Sunday so that could work too!

I think I could make that work! How long does your protection usually go for?
I could definitely come for tracking and obedience Saturday and then possibly stay for protection as well, just have an event later that night so I’d have to get back for that.

And then I’d be free fully Sunday so that could work too!
Depends on how many dogs I have that day. But I can work you in to the first few dogs so you can leave early if needed. Last week I believe I had 12-13 dogs. We started at 9:00 am and I think I was loading up to leave around 6:00 pm. Always a full day.

Depends on how many dogs I have that day. But I can work you in to the first few dogs so you can leave early if needed. Last week I believe I had 12-13 dogs. We started at 9:00 am and I think I was loading up to leave around 6:00 pm. Always a full day.

Full days are always the best!
I always feel accomplished after a full day of training.
I’ll plan to come up Saturday and train and then see where I am when that time comes!
Thanks so much for inviting us out to train!

Back