Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

I am so over posting

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Dnetmd, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Dnetmd

Dnetmd $ Premium Subscriber $

And so is Rhea. She acts miserable and has been so irritated with her posts the last few weeks. She is constantly shaking her head and scratching at them. Her ears aren’t irritated except from the scratching. No sign of infection. I wish I could just be done with it. I am tempted to put a bridge on just to keep her ears still and maybe less movement will be less irritating for her. Maybe less or more cushion at the base of the ear? She has lost all of her puppy teeth and her adult teeth are almost finished growing in. I think she is almost done (eta: or thought she was!) I just needed to vent. Just look how sad she looks after she gets her ears posted back up.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  2. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

With those long ears, you have several months of posting left. But I feel you. It’ll be worth it in the end.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Dnetmd

Several months?! Lol! I was hoping for one. Thank you for setting my false hope straight.:rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

How old is she? She does look like she has a while to go. With both Echo & Joker, I had to use a bridge every time. If I didn't, it would drive them (and me) crazy.

5. Dnetmd

She will be 6 months on Thursday. I had to look because I lost track. I thought she was six months already. :facepalm:

6. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

When I said a few months, I meant 6ish months lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Dnetmd

I am crying and laughing inside at the same time. Ouch!

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Logan 45

Logan 45 Jr Member

D4462DCA-F9AC-4936-8623-89632243EFAA.jpeg Mainly chiming in out of curiosity. I posted my dog for like 35 days and he was done but he also can hold his ears down if he wants. When posting longer is the main reason so their ears are erect at all times ? His ears turned out nicely but his crop isn’t quite as long either.

9. Atingles10

Atingles10 Member

Your pups ears are very similar to ours and we were done posting at 5 months. The shorter crop, and big bell at the base, just like with your guy made the process quicker for us. Every dog is different but the length of the crop plays a role in how long you will post.

That being said they still manipulate and move their ears. Our guys ears are like antennas and tell us a lot about what he is thinking or feeling. They will hold them erect when they want but it's not all the time. Posting longer would not have changed this.

10. Atingles10

Atingles10 Member

Btw he's very handsome :love: Red boys hold a special place in our hearts

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dnetmd

Handsome boy!

Rhea manipulates her ears a lot depending on the mood. I think I have (6?!) more months of keeping them erect and straight so the ear leather firms up. Her ears do look beautiful when she is at full attention. I want to keep them that way so if it means 6 months more posting that’s what I will do.

Everybody has always said her ears are long but I didn’t think they were THAT long. I thought we had a “medium” crop and would be done posting a bit sooner.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

You can't post too long but you can definitely not post long enough. I wish I'd kept posting for another month or so. Rubie's ears are amazing but they could be just a little more perfect. Hang in there!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Just as each dog is different, each ear can be as well. The ear leather on one might be a little thicker or thinner then the other.

Joker took about 6 months of posting (making him 8 months old) before I was satisfied. His brother Bart, his ears were done pretty quick with about 3 months of posting..........however, their mother (Echo) seemed to take forever, and their sire was over 12 months by the time he was done being posted

When you think you're done posting, hang in there 3 or 4 more postings.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I agree with everyone to keep posting. To me she looks like she has a long crop. But, oh so beautiful! Keep up with the posting. You will not be disappointed!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Aryathedoberman

Aryathedoberman New Member

I hear you it’s a lot of work. How long have you been posting? My girl is 4 months now and her ears are looking great but I’m sure we have a few more months to go.

On a side on I was going to name my Arya, Rhea. It was one or the other :)

Remember it’ll be worth it in the end and won’t last forever

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dnetmd

Thanks! I will definitely keep them up for as long as it takes.

We are only 3 months in of posting. Feels more like 4. Lol! She’ll be 6 months old tomorrow.

Her litter theme was “Rain”. My husband and daughter are both into space and astronomy so we went with “Cosmic Rain” for AKC registrations and her call name “Rhea”, which is a moon of Saturn. Arya is a really pretty name too. eTa: just saw her on your profile pic. She is gorgeous!

• Like Like x 1
  17. crypticintent

crypticintent Hot Topics Subscriber

Ezri alternates between being fine with posts to a royal shaking machine. It’s painful because when she shakes a lot we see a marked difference in how clean her ears are during post swaps.

Even at 6 months of posting she still gets those random shakes.

She has a longer crop that is really looking good but still more time to do in posts.
    6393013B-A1C0-40A8-9635-24730D357138.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dnetmd

Posting frustration has eased up. The last couple weeks I've been using a combo of tampons and backer rod (tampons alone weren't long enough but the backer rod fit nicely inside the applicator) with a loose bridge and she is so much happier.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2