1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

I am not sure what this is? Please help

Discussion in 'Doberman Health Issues and Questions' started by R.sheikh, Nov 8, 2018.

1. R.sheikh

R.sheikh Novitiate

I am not sure what this is? Please help, he is not in pain, everything seems to be normal

Attached Files:

• Empathetic Empathetic x 2
  2. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

Looks like he knocked an ear when playing, perhaps? You're not still posting or anything, are you?

3. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Looks like a sore near the tip of the ear. Cause could be slapping the ear on something, or another dog biting it, or something irritating it. How old is your Doberman, and are you still posting the ears? Sores can come from problems that occur with posting.

4. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Doesn’t look like he has cropped ears.

My guess is shaking his head and his ear hitting an object and splitting it. Clean it up with soap and water and put an antibacterial ointment on it. It should heal in a short time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. R.sheikh

R.sheikh Novitiate

Thank you so much!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. R.sheikh

R.sheikh Novitiate

it came out of nowhere, his ears are not cropped. He in 9 months old, his last vet visit was 1 month ago and everything was ok

7. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Ah. Okay, I see. Thank you.