Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Arkansas I am in AR

Discussion in 'United States Regional Forum' started by Dobie Wan Knobie, May 26, 2015.

1. Dobie Wan Knobie

Dobie Wan Knobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Just thought I would post a note if there is anyone else in AR?
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dobie Wan Knobie

Arkansas River! 5/26/15
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh my!! :shock:

• Like Like x 1
  4. FredC

FredC Guest

Wow!!! All the really bad stuff has danced around Michigan so far this year.. Although its not been the greatest year weather wise either.. It was a couple years ago that half of Michigan was under water just like in your pictures.. As a matter of fact some of local bridges are still being repaired and in one case totally replaced.. (of course thats the one that is closest to me.) Stay Safe and stay dry!

• Like Like x 1
  5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow I didn't realize AR was hit so hard too. Are you on high ground where you live Rich?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dobie Wan Knobie

I'm on high ground....for now....but it is slowly becoming the low ground. We are doing fine here, we have had a ton of rain but a majority of this is from Oklahoma making its way down the river. The river is set to crest on Fri. two feet higher than ever, from what I am hearing. The deal is, is that there is more rain to come, it is in the forecast for the next 5 days - and possibly more. I have measured over a foot of rain this month at my house....crazy! Calif is drying up and we have more than we could ever use.

PS. I was wondering if some thought this thread was an Animal Rights (AR) thread? LOL! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Holy cow, I thought we were doing well with over 5" and of course I'm thinking in gardening terms. :)

LOL, it was my very first thought. :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. rhea

rhea Jr Member

Wow, we had that in Somerset last year (and the year before but it was quietly ignored) though probably on a smaller scale, 10's of 1000's of acres. State of emergency declared, villages cut off for months, repairs still ongoing. Good luck and watch out for the mozzies....The pic is of our 180.jpg pretty fields which reverted to prehistoric lakes. I bought an inflatable kayak :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

Originally from Eureka Springs and go back to visit family many times a year. I'll try to get some shots of how high some of the rivers are when I'm down this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dobie Wan Knobie

Be careful, it's raining again this weekend. This is three weekends in a row that have been rained out - crazy!
    The AR river is even higher than what is in the photos.
    That one river in Texas rose 28 feet in an hour and a half. Now that's insane!!!

11. Marinegeekswife

Got a couple pictures of Table Rock lake as we headed back to MO. I'll upload them later. The King's River was way up, too but I didn't get a photo of it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dobie Wan Knobie

Love that look!
    image.jpg

13. Marinegeekswife

Sorry, just getting these uploaded.

20150531_104547.jpg

20150531_104601.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dobie Wan Knobie

Yep, rivers look like lakes right now in AR!

15. Marinegeekswife

That's actually Table Rock Lake but yes, many of the rivers are way way up.

• Like Like x 1