Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

How often to feed schedule

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by johnfin, Dec 5, 2018.

1. johnfin

johnfin New Member

I have seen the threads how much food but...... how often to feed ....especially for an inside dog. I had a doberman years ago that I fed at 5pm, let him out in the morning for 20 min, went to work 8 hrs, the let him out before eating again. it was like clock work. anyone here use a schedule like that?

2. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

We feed st 5:00am and again at 5:00 pm everyday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

If you like a clockwork schedule, then give it a try. If the dog can't handle it, you'll find out. By the way, is this an adult dog or a puppy? Puppies are ideally fed smaller amounts more frequently if you can swing it.

I avoid clockwork feeding because of bile pukes. That's when they anticipate feeding time and if you're late they have a stomach full of acid that needs to come up. That said Kaiser is raw fed so likely has stronger stomach acid.

4. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I feed at 5pm

5. Snoops

Snoops Jr Member

I feed 5am, 9am, maybe at lunchtime and then at 5pm.

After 1 year of age will feed 7am and 5pm

6. WILD ACE

WILD ACE Jr Member

we feed at 5am and again at 5pm .

7. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

530am and 530pm

8. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Member

My morning feed is 7.30 - 9.00am and evening 5 - 6pm. She is fed after her walks so it depends on the length we walked!

9. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

We always feed 2 meals per day. Usually at 5 am and 7:30 pm.

10. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

I feed the dogs their breakfast at 8:30 and again around 5:30 for dinner. When Brinks was a pup I wasn’t working so he had three meals, a lunch added in. I’m at work now but Rio licks on his kong at least.

11. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

For those feeding exactly 12 hours apart, how does that impact poop time? I find K goes within 20 mins of his larger morning meal, he gets a smaller meal later but the once a day poop is amazing.

12. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Twice a day, 7.30am and 5.30pm.