How often to feed schedule

johnfin

Jr Member
I have seen the threads how much food but...... how often to feed ....especially for an inside dog. I had a doberman years ago that I fed at 5pm, let him out in the morning for 20 min, went to work 8 hrs, the let him out before eating again. it was like clock work. anyone here use a schedule like that?

If you like a clockwork schedule, then give it a try. If the dog can't handle it, you'll find out. By the way, is this an adult dog or a puppy? Puppies are ideally fed smaller amounts more frequently if you can swing it.

I avoid clockwork feeding because of bile pukes. That's when they anticipate feeding time and if you're late they have a stomach full of acid that needs to come up. That said Kaiser is raw fed so likely has stronger stomach acid.

I feed 5am, 9am, maybe at lunchtime and then at 5pm.

After 1 year of age will feed 7am and 5pm

My morning feed is 7.30 - 9.00am and evening 5 - 6pm. She is fed after her walks so it depends on the length we walked!

We always feed 2 meals per day. Usually at 5 am and 7:30 pm.

I feed the dogs their breakfast at 8:30 and again around 5:30 for dinner. When Brinks was a pup I wasn’t working so he had three meals, a lunch added in. I’m at work now but Rio licks on his kong at least.

For those feeding exactly 12 hours apart, how does that impact poop time? I find K goes within 20 mins of his larger morning meal, he gets a smaller meal later but the once a day poop is amazing.

Back