• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

How Often Do Your Dogs Need Baths?

My boy is 22 months. He hates water. Scared to death of the water hose I don’t know why because I’ve never sprayed him or traumatize him! There’s a fantastic dog wash place near the dog park we go to and I’ve taken him four times and then two times to a different wash so in 22 months he’s only been washed six times but not because I thought he was stinky just because I wanted to wash him. He’s very clean! I think I do the wash for my own contentment rather than the fact that he needed one. I think dobes are clean doggos.

I know I only bathed Mr. Spock when he got totally "armpit fragrant." Because I do know how hard it was to get him into the tub (believe it or not, he had his own bathroom). He hated it. And he couldn't wait to get out of the tub and shake, several times! Somehow, we did get it done, though, each time.

Now, if we could only stop him from using that glorious "water fountain" by keeping the lid down.... :eek: :D

Ripley has to look her absolute best, feel and smell clean before show so she probably gets bathed more than the average dog. Not every show if we have shows back to back each weekend so that's really nice when they line up. Shes dock diving, rolling on the floor at agility and running around the pasture so much that she picks up dirt, but still looks sleek and clean on the outside, but she's definitely not. I'd say she's good for about 4-6 weeks depending on conditions. If she's in the pool or it's been raining she would definitely get another bath before show. She never really smells like my double coated breeds have but she does smell like a dog towards the end of the timeframe I decide she needs a bath. Nothing is better than that fresh clean scent after a bath and it lasts days, I love it! I'm pretty sensitive to that kind of stuff though and always can smell "pet" smells in homes.

I use Nature's Specialties Plum Silky shampoo, their VantaBlack Night Shampoo for black highlights and finish up with their Plumtastic conditioner. It's a spa day for sure! No quick baths here...

Back