How often do you feed your Dobe?

I'm feeding my 6 month pup 3 times per day right now.I think science diet is alolt of fillers isn't it?Corn and stuff that just ends up coming out other end in large amounts? I don't like any commercial food,even the so called premium stuff.I think they mightbe slightly better than the others but just do better job with the sales pitching.I feed my dog home made food and ever since he has done loads better all the way around

I'm feeding my 6 month pup 3 times per day right now.I think science diet is alolt of fillers isn't it?Corn and stuff that just ends up coming out other end in large amounts? I don't like any commercial food,even the so called premium stuff.I think they mightbe slightly better than the others but just do better job with the sales pitching.I feed my dog home made food and ever since he has done loads better all the way around

SD is not a really good food, there are much better foods out there and with 6 month i fed my dogs twice day, they still get twice a day. One time in the am and one time in the afternoon.

I switched Linus to a brand called Exclusive, anyone heard of it?
I hadn't heard of it before, but it's not sold in Minnesota from what I gather either.

The ingredient list doesn't look too bad from what I can see, aside from the corn gluten and beet pulp, which is still a huge controversy pretty much everywhere you go, but at least the first ingredient on the list is meat.

Ingredients: Chicken, chicken meal (a natural source of glucosamine and chondroitin), cracked pearled barley, whole grain brown rice, ground white rice, corn gluten meal, oatmeal, chicken fat preserved with mixed tocopherols (a form of vitamin E), beet pulp, natural chicken flavor, egg product, flaxseed, fish meal, potassium chloride, salt, salmon oil (a source of DHA), choline chloride, dried chicory root, glucosamine hydrochloride, l-carnitine, Yucca schidigera extract, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, chondroitin sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid
Fiber (estimated dry matter content) = 4.4%

Back