1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

How much should a doberman eat

Discussion in 'Doberman Nutritional Care' started by Genta, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Genta

Genta New Member

Hi, I’m planning to bring home a male dobe. Before bringing him home I would like to calculate how much would his spendings be per month and be prepared for it. It would be extremely helpful if you can give me a brief outline on how much a male dobe eats (in kg or lbs) per month?

2. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

It will depend on what you feed as well as activity level.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BamMoMoMommy

BamMoMoMommy $ Premium Subscriber $ $ Forum Donor $

Your vet should go over this with you when you take the pup in for his first well-visit, if they don't....then ask.

Our boys get Merrick healthy grain....on Amazon $56.00 a bag for 25 lbs.

Our older guy (5.5 years) isn't overly active unless we motivate him and is prone to weight gain if we don't keep him moving and count every calorie of everything that goes in his mouth. He gets 3 cups a day spread over a 14 hour period, along with various fresh fruits and veggies

Our younger guy ( little over four years) gets the regular 4.5 cups a day with the fresh treats also. He is on the move constantly, and if we don't keep an eye on him..he will drop weight.

I don't even want to do the math on what it costs us, LOL.......as it is my husband swears they are more expensive than our three kids were.

4. Genta

Genta New Member

Thank you for your suggestion

5. BamMoMoMommy

Most welcome.

It's strictly an example, to give you a basic idea of cost.

You'll be better suited to get an opinion from your vet.

There are different dietary needs at different ages and wrong age formula food/too much/not enough can have a drastic effect on a puppy's health and how they mature into adult dogs.

6. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

Every dogs different. Different activity levels, calories in vs calories out. I feed 2.75 pounds a day (with a raw diet). Kibble would be 4 cups a day.

so it depends on what you feed, if you notice the dog is too skinny you add food. If it’s getting overweight you cut food.

What do you plan to feed your dog?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BamMoMoMommy

I should have added up there, expensive doesn't mean best. We use what we use because it is what our first guy was getting when he came to us.

My husband says at the price we pay.....what goes in should come out as gold bars loaded with diamonds.

• Funny Funny x 1