Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

How fast is she??

Discussion in 'The Pet Post (Non Doberman)' started by MyBuddy, Apr 13, 2018.

1. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

We were talking in another thread, about how Kali can run, and boy can she! She was squeaking at the door, acting like she saw a squirrel. I didn't see a dang thing but I thought, what the heck, let's show how fast you are! :evilgrin:

• Like Like x 9
  2. MyBuddy

Oh, and remember that scroungy bone? A minute after I let Kali inside, Buddy came along. Without looking, I just opened the door for him to come in. Then I'm hearing something weird. I couldn't make it out. I thought maybe it was an animal or bird in the fireplace or something. I'm listening, and listening, and suddenly the light bulb went on! :speechless: Buddy!! :complain:Did you bring that damn bone in here!?

Of course he did.

:facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 7
  3. GOD'S GRACE

GOD'S GRACE Notable member

@MyBuddy that's a long way to expect a free dinner just waiting on the ground! But I guess it's the hunt not the kill that they love...:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MyBuddy

OMG, it's the chase they love!

5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow I guess!

6. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Faster than a speeding bullet. She is a speed demoness!! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

It's a requirement to check Rumor's mouth before she comes in. That girl can smuggle some seriously large stuff in there. :eek:
    The guy that helps with yard work was here setting up a fountain we have on the patio. He was unaware of my little klepto. She had a mouth full of rocks before he knew it. Hubby caught her and went to grab the rock.....They just kept coming. :facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  8. GOD'S GRACE

This reminds me of a night I was with my dogs and we went to a gal's home I was seeing for awhile, she was a BIG rescue person...won't kill ants, get the picture...Bj my "Assassin" Doxie brings in a half eaten fluffy rabbit and tries hiding it under the couch...good thing my friend was in the power room are WE might have had an even short relationship!
    :lmao:

• Funny Funny x 6
  9. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

She’s like a little rocket! She took a shortcut through the bushes, too. Smart girl, using her size to work out the quickest route. I’ve heard the JRT can reach speeds of up to 20-25 miles an hour. Never be fooled by a dogs size :fingersx:

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. MyBuddy

A rocket, for sure!!

And I used to think she was part JRT, but I DID do a DNA on her and saw none. I've been meaning to post the results and keep forgetting!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Kali looks about the same size as my MIL’s JRT. But unfortunately, he’s a bit on the chubby side...ugh! She’d outrun him with no trouble “Eat my dust, sucker!” Lol

I wasn’t sure if she had JRT in her, she sure has the speed of one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Well darn it, we want to see! I didn't know you had it done but I find them fascinating.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. MyBuddy

I'm sorry! I've been thinking about posting about this for the longest time now. I will I will I promise!

14. Tropicalbri's

:tap: We’re waiting. :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MyBuddy

LOL I can tell you that's not going to happen tonight. I have 3 little boys here that I'm going to be putting to bed soon. Then I'm gonna crash. :martini:

You can start thinking of what breeds were on that DNA!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

:sonic:Z O O M !

Paige has been chasing bunnies here. So now bunnies = robins too! Had a nice reminder to always put her ecollar on (especially if if its a late night potty break) about a month ago when the buns were hanging out under the back deck...makes your heart jump but boy they sure love the chase. We don't have bunnies under our deck anymore :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 6
  17. GOD'S GRACE

We'll see what happens this year, but last years the Princess cleared out all fluffy stuffy animals from the Kingdom! She was too young to understand they were edible...We're hoping for a second invasion this year and better results!!
    :gun::gun::gun:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. MyBuddy

We used to have them under the deck on the horse barn too. :evilgrin:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

We have very few critters that will venture into our backyard anymore. We do however have lots of squirrels that will taunt the dogs from the neighbors trees.
    I don't even feed the birds after Drake caught one in flight. Feels too much like I'm luring them to their death.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Tropicalbri's

This is why I don’t feed the wild birds because the cat too will go after them. I did not want it to be an end of the road restaurant for the birds. Lol
    That and possible disease that could infect my parrots and big birds.
    Like you, not too many critters come into our yard.

• Agree Agree x 1