How do you determine a pup's age?

StateOfMine

Hot Topics Subscriber
I have been determining Flint's age by weeks, which would put him at 6.5 months right now. If I were to count by the 2nd of every month since he was born, then that would put him at exactly 6 months old today. What's the correct way to do it?

I use the day of the week for determining how many weeks they are old until they're 6 months or so, but I also use the day of the month to count how many months old they are at any age.

This issue seems to have affected us with our current pup.

Going by weeks, he was older than if we go by months. So, basically, being born on Jan. 26th, he turned 11 months on Dec. 26th. Again, this put him as "younger" than when we were saying that every Thursday he turned one week older.

I'm confused by just why, but then I haven't devoted much brain power to it. I'm just glad he's "younger" now because I want him to wind up as big as possible (Don't worry, he's not a Dobe).

I remember asking this very question when Asha was about 6 or 8 months old. I realized the numbers were getting terribly skewed.

Olive was born on Thursday, March 9 so tomorrow she will be 43 weeks and on January 9th, she'll be 10 months.

Back