1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

House of Hoytt

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by dobette, Sep 11, 2011.

1. dobette

dobette Novitiate

I highly recommend "House of Hoytt" breeder. This is my second dobie from him and I'm very happy and couldn't ask for a better suck. He stands behind his dogs and knows his breed, the only thing I didn't like from my first dog is his training and I asked for him not to do any training on my second dog, I did her training myself and I'm very happy with her other then that I will definitely get more dobies from this guy.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Welcome to Doberman-Chat Dobette. :)

HOH is a very debated breeder and one of the biggest complaints I've heard about them on other Doberman boards is that the dogs don't have a very good health history and many people lose them at 5 or 6 years old, which is very tragic. :(
    I personally don't know the first thing about them or their practices, nor have I dealt with them aside from ordering quick braces, so I can't personally make any statements one way or another, but if there are indeed carried on health issues and he keeps breeding those same lines that would be sad for the breed.

• Like Like x 4
  3. muonwhiz

muonwhiz New Member

I have had 5 dobermans from House of Hoytt over the last 20-25 years and highly recommend them. All of my dobes (including the one I recently lost) lived to age 10 or more. I think the typical lifespan for this breed is 10-12 yrs, and my experience has been spot on. I don't purport to know about every breeder in the country, but I have been to the Hoytt facility personally and have met with both Barrie Hoytt and various staff members. I have not seen another breeder who offers such comprehensive services and training. Barrie Hoytt really knows his breed, and also each dog and its lineage, so gives invaluable information for the life of each dobe as well. These dobes are very easy to integrate into home with training that they recieve at HOH- the worst of the puppy stuff is already taken care of! I have had their dobes all the way from puppies to taking adult (and in some cases pre owned) dobes and think anyone looking for a loving companion would be most satisfied with a Hoytt doberman. If questions, please feel free to PM to me and I will try to answer!

• Like Like x 1
  4. fehnder

fehnder Hot Topics Subscriber

I too haven't heard great things online about this breeder. Having said that, im in the UK so know nothing lol!

If you were satisfied with the service and support he gives you and the dogs he breeds, and that he does everything responsibly that he should as a breeder then im glad you were happy with it :)

5. ilovedobes

ilovedobes Novitiate

6. ilovedobes

ilovedobes Novitiate

Hi I was wondering if you know how much they sell thier dogs for because I'm looking to adopt one? Thanks

7. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

About $4500 :rolleyes:

• Wow x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  8. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

You are looking to purchase/buy one, not adopt. Adoption is for rescues.

I would look elsewhere for a breeder. You can find much better quality for cheaper.
    Check out the breeder referral page on the DPCA website.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber