1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Hope's Memorial tattoo finished

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by DobesMom, Aug 22, 2009.

1. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

I finally got my Hope Memorial tattoo finished today, on my 22nd wedding anniversary. I took Hope's foot print in clay down & this is what the artist came up with for me.
    I can't wait to see it once it's healed & the swelling has gone down (I bruised badly since I am on pain medication that makes my blood pretty thin).

Hopesie, this is for you. You are part of my heart! You will ALWAYS be with me in spirit, & now, in flesh. (I only wish I had your cremains so I could have had them add the ashes to the ink).
    Until we meet again...
    I love ya , baby.

[​IMG] :SwinginStar:

• Like Like x 7
  2. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Your tattoo is beautiful, and having her actual paw print makes it so very special. I was wondering if that is an arm or a leg in the picture? Just to get a better idea of the size of the tattoo.

3. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! Looks beautiful! :) I was wondering if it were an arm or leg too! ;)

4. Dobiegirl

Dobiegirl Novitiate

That is just beuatiful....You could have had her remains tattood in? So cool.......

5. Dragonflyz

Dragonflyz Member

Very nice! The footprint is touching!

6. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

i'm sure its the arm :) or maybe not LMAO
    its beautyful, who ever did that, did a great job and Happy anniversary to you and your hubby.

7. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Thanks everyone. It's my arm...but it is SUPER swollen at the inner elbow where the top of the foot print is. When I am done this will be my "memorial" sleeve, or 1/2 sleeve actually. I plan to build on the exisating stuff. My outter arm will go to my mom... a rendition of her favorite Koi from our backyard pond, with splashing water & then some cherry blossoms to represent my dad (he had 3 cherry trees in our yard & absolutely loved them. They all died a couple of years ago & he was very sad to see them removed). We are doing a "reflection/memory garden" in our yard & I will be adding a weeping cherry as the focal point , along with a Fire & water fountain!
    Thanks for the anniversary wishes too. My hubby got a tattoo also, tied in his lower pieces so that he now has a 2/3 sleeve. he got guitars, skulls, flames around an existing set of tattos.
    We don't have eachothers names or the same subject tattoos , so we just did our own thing-together. It suits us. :)

8. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Here's the footprint (in my "shrine") that the tattoo is based from.
    [​IMG]

You can't see it in the photo, but the huge candle on the left is a everburning candle that's been lit since the day she passed. I will probably let it go out on 2/2/10 after 2 am. the collage on the right side is a photo I had of Hope & Fire sleeping as if they were hugging. I added some dog collar charms Hope wore, and some pink,blue & green heart & stars stones, and a ribbon that says "I love my dog". Inside the box are all of the collars, sweaters, T shirts & toys Hope & Fire loved most from babyhood up to the day of hope's passing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

OMG Rachael, that turned out freakin awesome. I am crying as I read this cause I feel your pain but what a very touching and heart warming tribute to to a great dog. And I will wish you and the hubby Happy Anniversary again, I am glad you guys got the tattoos, it looks fabulous. :D I will await pics of when it is healed also, fabulous work :D

10. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Thanks...I cried when I explained to the artist what it all meant. he was sad too. He's a big dog lover too. He has a 3.5 month old pit puppy he couldn't wait to go home to. He said he was gonna get his girls' footprint tattooed on him now too. I thought that was cool.

This is the shop we went to. They have amazing artists!!
    Inkies Tattoo Studio

11. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

awwwww pit puppies are just the sutest things. Sorry abit parital. That is really cool that you found one that is a dog lover. :D I am gonna put the dogs paw prints in these plaster things that my roommmate got me soon so I can do the same, I thought about a portrait of them and I still want one of Phoenix, but I am seriously thining of making my right leg a tribute to my dogs, :D

12. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

It is a beautiful shrine, she must have been a very special pup!!! I agree with Tye, you really can feel your pain when viewing it.

13. Dobiegirl

Dobiegirl Novitiate

I have my girls footprints and thier ashes I have them all together and I said when I die put them all with me when I get turned into ashes that way we will always be together....

Ok How bad does a tattoo hurt when you are gettin it done....I want one soooooo bad but on my ankle???????????

14. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Thanks all, I love the idea that everyone "gets" why I did this.

Dobiegirl- it hurts...no lie...but some spots are worse than others. i have nerve damage so most of my arm I barely felt. BUT the side closest to my chest was ULTRA sensitive. My skin flinched against my will. I was embarassed, it hurt so bad I HAD to make a face. Luckily it was only 3 nickel sized spots that hurt that bad!

It feels lile a bee sting, repeatedly,for however long the tattoo takes. Afterwards it feels like a superbad sunburn. It's like kids, though...worth the pain, so you forget.
    Wanna know something funny? I am completely needle phobic! Thinking about unusual piercings make me want to pass out. hahaha... I can't watch siomeone get an IV. I'll drop over!
    With tattoos you don't see the needles, so I don't have the same reaction.
    this is my 14th tattoo. the most paintful were my ankles, wrist closest to the hand, and my chest. least painful were the middle area of my arm & my back (shoulders).

15. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

that is SO sweet. I couldn't justify the extra $80 to keep Hope's ashes. we had spent so much, and the card was so close to limit I just opted for the paw print. I don't have my Sheala, or Amber's ashes either. wish I did. I was never even offered them back then.
    I will have their photos in with me...and I want to be scattered in the hills (& on the beach for MY ashes) of Santa Cruz where they are all supposedly scattered.

16. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

Sally, tatooes do hurt and as Rachael said some places are more sensitive then others, I have one on my ankle that is about the size of a dime but it only hurt right ont he ankle bone, but it will soon be a whole anklet around my ankle, and I am deathly terrified of needles myself, even though I have my nipples, tongue, belly button 2x and my ears done 4x a piece, and the tat that covers my tummy, you'd think I wouldn't do it, but once you get ink you will have to have more ;) LMAOOOO

17. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

i got that big dragon on my back right over/on my shoulderblade.holly molly that shit was hurting like hell,its just skin and bones there,so believe me,thats not were you want a tatoo when you can't handle some kind of pain.i have another one on my butt and that didn't hurt at all,if all tatoo's would be like this one,i had much more hahaha.

18. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

They are addictive. I got my first 2 on the same day in 1986. Then I went 15 years without getting a 3rd one. from there I have added all the rest. I go through fazes. it is seriously an obsession, though. You want MORE... I already have plans to add on to this...extend the vines down & the stars up. LOL After waiting 4.5 hours for my hubbies to be finished & then sitting for mine for a little over 2 hours i was DONE yesterday.

I watched a tough looking guy BAWL & think he was gonna pass out when I got my last tattoo before this one. He got a huge dragon over his shoulder too. I had to laugh, it was sooooo unexpected to see a big tough guy cry like that because of the pain & a little gal in the next seat just kicking back. :p

19. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

How cool is that Rachael??? I really admire your dedication, and wish I would have thought of something like that for our pets who have passed.

One of my fish friends is also into horses big time, and when our old mare passed last year she asked me if I had taken some of her tail hair to make into some sort of jewelery or other remembrance thing, but once again I hadn't thought of doing something special like that..... Darn....

20. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That's a little more than I needed to know...:scared::run:
    :rofl: