1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Homemade Dog Supplements

Discussion in 'Raw & Home Cooked Diets' started by JstLovesErnie, Jun 16, 2009.

1. JstLovesErnie

JstLovesErnie Notable member

Dog Oil Supplement

• 1/4 cup olive oil
    • 1/4 cup canola oil
    • 1/4 cup cod liver oil
    • 1/4 cup flax seed oil
    Place oils in brown bottle and shake well. Store in refrigerator.
    Add two teaspoons to the dog’s food each day. Can be added to dry food as well.
    Safflower and Sunflower oil may used as well.

Dog Powder Mix

• 1 cup brewer's yeast
    • 1 cup bone meal
    • ½ cup kelp powder
    • ½ cup alfalfa powder
    Mix well add to air-tight container. Keep in freezer if desired add one tablespoon to dogs food each day.

• Like Like x 6
  2. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

Good Thread! it was getting a lil crazy mixing everything one at a time in my guys food, lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. JstLovesErnie

JstLovesErnie Notable member

You're welcome dear! Thank you for the sticky!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. nixhix

nixhix New Member

Quick question. I have ground flax seed but not oil. Is that ok? It's almost impossible to get any sort of natural ingredients. Even just finding brown rice, I've scoured Honduras looking for it and came up empty. I would really like to supplement Kobe's homemade food but can only get human type of vitamins here. Any suggestions about that?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

you almost cn use every human vitamin too.
    i get my at Walmart
    look for gelcapsules for fishoil or there are a three kind comby with Fishoil,Flachseedoil and borage oil

same with the brewers yeast i use the human kind... beside that Apollo gets Vit. B50, Vit C, Zink and Vit.E all the human kind

• Like Like x 2
  6. DLS

DLS Notable member

A Herbal blend that is a great natural all-purpose skin and coat supplement.
    Equal parts of dried Burdock {Arctium lappa} root, Cleavers {Gallium aparine}, Dandelion {Taraxacum officinalis}, garlic {Allium sativum}, Kelp-Bladderwrack {Fucus vesiculosus} , wheeeeewww, that was a mouthful,:), Horsetail {Equisetum arvense}, and Nettle {Urtica dioica}. Grind the ingredients well in a spice or coffee grinder. Add 1/4 tsp. per 10 pounds of body weight to food every day.

Another natural supplement is..................fresh air, sunshine, rain, mud, dirt, more rain, roll in dirt, run and bark, and just have a fun time outdoors!
    Gotta love Mother Nature, given time and she will heal ALL!:)

• Like Like x 3
  7. DreamValley

DreamValley Well-Known Member

DLS you made me laugh! :) What a great supplement... to be a happy dog!

I feed my boy raw and add fish oil and vit C. He should get all supplements from his food. Is that right?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Smitty

Smitty New Member

I like to add a vitamin E capsule daily. This goes along way towards heart health and has many positive attributes. You can get the 400iu caps at walmart or health food store. I also occasionally crush up eggshells which is a great source of calcium.