• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Hind leg pain - What might it be?

jazzies mum

Hot Topics Subscriber
Just an update. I am pretty sure that the problem was/is illiopsoas strain. Since April I have been giving Jazz regular stretching and no games involving hard stops and turns and she seems to be pain free. She plays hard with other dogs, races up and down stairs, leaps through long grass and can stretch her hind legs right out behind her until her feet turn over! :thumbsup: No further need for any pain killers which is great. I'm not crowing too much as like any weakness it only takes one wrong move to aggravate the injury again, but this is a much better situation than I feared. She is free to do anything she likes voluntarily and was even climbing straight up a bamboo clump because there might have been a rat up there, and that wouldn't have been possible for her 6 months ago. All up I'm really happy and thankyou all for your input when I was getting no where with my vet. :ty:jazz0561x2.jpg

Kaiser2016

Great pic! Good to finally figure it out. Are there any preventative measures you could take? I think of Kaiser like a professional athlete warming up before and cooling down after strenuous exercise. If only I could get him a little hot tub 😄

jazzies mum

Hot Topics Subscriber
Great pic! Good to finally figure it out. Are there any preventative measures you could take? I think of Kaiser like a professional athlete warming up before and cooling down after strenuous exercise. If only I could get him a little hot tub 😄
I still help her have a good stretch in the mornings before we head off for a walk and she is permanently on 4cyte joint supplement daily which will help her with any joint inflammation that may occur. Apart from that I just let her live life normally with the exception of hard sessions with the flirt pole and intense chuckit sessions unless we are in the water and she has to swim for it! Seeming to work so far. :fingersx: About the hot tub...................I wouldn't mind one myself! :woot2: