• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Himalayan Yak Chews

Kaiser2016

@XerxesYoga brought this up in the random pics thread and I wasn't so sure about it because of the salt. But...guess what I found at my last visit to get Kaiser's food: Yak chews!

They have a dog nutritionist on site who said the salt content is quite small. She didn't know exactly how much though. So I wonder, how much does that matter to Dobermans?

Her own dog has had these and they last longer than 2 days of several chews sessions. That dog got it over dinner hour plus into the evening. Another person said they lasted just a day. That person has a golden retriever lol.

I read the reviews on Amazon. The worst ones say their aggressive chewer dogs bit off a large chunk and it caused an obstruction. Apparently it's so long lasting that it can get stuck in the throat if they bite off enough chunks.

Kaiser is not an aggressive chewer. He's a blanket sucker who nurses his bully sticks for a good long while. And of course I would watch him like a hawk to see how he handles this new treat. If he could break off chunks I'd have no issue throwing this out. Break open the bag or not?

It says it's for dogs under 70 lbs, K is 75 and the nutritionist said it should still be ok provided he's not biting off chunks.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I would stay with Himalayan ones. They were the first ones to come out with this chew. The last time we went to one of the big pet shows in Orlando there had to be 7-8 other manufacturers now.
If you have any questions on any ingredients or how much of an ingredient a product has just call the manufacturer and ask. Any good ones will give you the info. If not then I'm not going to buy their product!

Yes you need to watch heavy aggressive chewers breaking off larger pieces.

I had to read that three times to realize the package wasn't 70 lbs. LOL That would be one darn big chew. :D

Audrey actually kills one every other week when she was 4 months one big one lasting months! It is good chew.
Even big bully stick takes her 20 min!

Back